How is the cancellation of XL pipeline playing in Canada?
Honestly, you've mentioned it more often than anyone else I know. It's a big yawn. Alberta bitumen is only profitable at $100 per barrel and up. The pipeline is not high on anyone's agenda from what I can tell. Could be I'm talking to the wrong people, of course.
Also, if you asked most people, they couldn't tell you which pipeline this is anyway. Is it the one that goes to the US or the one that goes across BC to the Pacific? There have been so many names over the years of various pipelines that it's a blur in most people's minds. Until one of them bursts, like they're not supposed to do, then they are in the news for 2-3 days then disappear because the spilt oil doesn't affect anyone in Toronto or Vancouver.

There are a few people I know, who are not representative of anything, who no longer consider the US a reliable enough trading partner and are leaning to spending the money to build our own refineries, but they are a minority. I have some sympathy for that point of view, but it's 50 years too late.
(Added later, clicked too soon.) There are quite a few I know who are happy about the pipeline not going ahead, as they regard that as last century tech and that strategically we should be looking at doing other things.