Why did Trump et al move Ghislaine Maxwell to a cushier jail? Who was clamouring for that? It's not like his pardons for the Jan 6th crowd, which was probably done, in part, as a way to "own the libs". No one on the so-called "left", not Obama, not Hilary, not the ACLU, not even Tom Hanks, nobody was advocating for the release of Ghislaine. They had her dead to rights for sex trafficking, arrested, convicted, sentenced, done and dusted. How could even his most zealous boot lickers justify this action to themselves. If all Trump did was go to some parties where bad things were going on somewhere else in the building, the way lots of other people did and likely still do, he could easily have teflon'ed his way out of that. Why bring more attention to something that is supposedly not there? People now can't help but wonder if what he is covering up is worse than the actual cover-up itself. These guys just aren't any good at this, are they.
The real-time tests of martial law lite might distract people for a while, camo and guns attract a lot of attention on news bites, but how many black-mayored cities can he afford to invade? I know there isn't much real news media left that isn't corporate controlled that can investigate these things, but they're not ALL his toadies, are they? Surely the images of the military patrolling D.C. must bother some people who claim to believe in American "freedom". Not long ago, they were apoplectic because they were asked to wear masks to reduce the spread an air borne pathogen, but now they're ok with masked ICE agents with no name tags rounding people up off the street. How do they square that circle.
If I were an organized crime Don, I'd be tempted to dress some of my boys up in ICE gear and have them round members of rival tribes, drop them off at collection points. If any real ICE agents objected to the lack of paper work, I'm sure a few greenbacks would smooth the way. How do we know those ICE gangs are real?
It occurred to me that if I were in the US illegally, I might be best off to apply for a job with ICE. Great place to hide. They're growing so rapidly that their recruitment arm is probably not doing proper due diligence these days. And if I got unlucky and they discovered me, I could probably rely on them covering up the SNAFU, maybe pay me to shut up.
It also occurred to me that Trump, Vance and the rest seem to have forgotten about Panama and Greenland. I thought they were really important. Weren't they?
There's a contradiction floating around here these days. In support of the USA, Canada has large tariffs on Chinese EVs. China, meanwhile, has large tariffs on Canadian canola, a huge cash crop for Canada. I don't see why we have tariffs on those EVs. It can't be to support the US, Trumpistan hates EVs anyway, so why would they care? I think Canada would be better off letting those Chinese EVs into the country, might help bring down the ridiculously high prices of EVs in general. They are supposed to be much easier to build since there is no complex piston engine to assemble so why do they cost so much. I'll buy into the idea that production volume of batteries were not high enough at one point to benefit from economies of scale, but that argument is getting old. Also, China makes small urban-only EVs, a class of automobile that would be most welcome, imo.