So some tariffs are on, others aren't, some are delayed another month, maybe. Or maybe not. We might know more tomorrow. Or not. Gee, I wonder how Donny managed to bankrupt so many companies.
I get a big kick of the white house press secretary lecturing people to not be "disrespectful" towards the President by asking difficult questions, while both she and Trump continually refer to Justin Trudeau as "Governor" instead of using his actual title "Prime Minister". Are they 12 years old? Or just f**king stoopid.
I see that Michael Johnston's chief of staff was caught drinking and driving. I hope some reporter keeps us informed about the fate of the patrol officer that stopped him.
It seems to me we haven't seen much of Musk this week. With the sales and stock price troubles at Tesla he may be at head office taking care of business. I figure there will be layoffs there, something he's well-practiced at that these days. Probably warming up his email app as we 'speak'. Maybe those folks can get a job at Ford or Rivian or somewhere. Oh wait...
But that may be the future of modern business, the "new" new economy,
https://www.business.com/finance/big-tech-earnings-and-layoffs-compared/. Big profits and big layoffs. If you want to understand why the USA may be suffering in world trade circles, you might want to think about whether short-term stock price interests should figure so prominently in strategic thinking. I'm not saying that it should be ignored, but there may be other aspects to running a business. Good thing they lower taxes on those rich folks, that way they can invest in the economy.
And if you're feeling too happy about the state of the world and want to take yourself down a notch, try listening to this recent Making Sense podcast episode,
https://www.samharris.org/podcasts/making-sense-episodes/401-christian-nationalism-and-the-new-right. In it Sam Harris speaks with journalist Katherine Stewart about topics covered in her book.
Here's the blurb from the landing page: "Katherine Stewart is the award-winning author of Money, Lies, and God: Inside the Movement to Destroy American Democracy (Bloomsbury, 2025). Her previous book, The Power Worshippers: Inside the Dangerous Rise of Religious Nationalism, formed the basis of the documentary feature God & Country, produced by Rob Reiner. Stewart's work appears in The New York Times opinion section, The New Republic, Religion News Service, and other publications. "
The funniest thing I saw this week was this page from the satirical site The Beaverton:
https://thebeaverton.com/2025/03/putin-emails-trump-tell-me-5-things-you-did-for-me-last-week/.