Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm


Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 263445 times)

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3400 on: October 28, 2020, 08:34:33 pm »

He’s always on tv these days, like the energizer bunny.

I agree. Really annoying.
Logged

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3401 on: October 28, 2020, 08:52:36 pm »

I agree. Really annoying.

I disagree, highly motivating.
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Alan Goldhammer

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4349
    • A Goldhammer Photography
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3402 on: October 28, 2020, 08:54:35 pm »

I sure did.  As far as we know he IS an honorable veteran and will be until proven otherwise.  To suggest he might be a liar is the same as calling him one IMO.
Your reading comprehension is not quite the same as mine.  If I call someone a liar, I call it out plain and simple.  President Trump is a liar!  See how simple that one is.  I said that being an honorable veteran is no guarantee of being a truth teller and pointed to the example of Duncan Hunter, Jr. which is well documented.  Whether Mr. Bobulinski is or is not a liar is not for me to judge, it is for the courts should anything get that far.  Neither you, nor I, nor Tucker Carlson can say that he is telling the truth. 

You or I can choose to believe or not believe him but it does not make what he say true.
Logged

Alan Goldhammer

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4349
    • A Goldhammer Photography
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3403 on: October 28, 2020, 08:58:33 pm »

He’s always on tv these days, like the energizer bunny.
You would be too if you had the doses of steroids the docs gave him for COVID-19 along with all the other stuff.  He still has traces of hydroxychloroquine floating around in his system according to my calculations.
Logged

Alan Goldhammer

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4349
    • A Goldhammer Photography
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3404 on: October 28, 2020, 08:59:34 pm »

I disagree, highly motivating.
I would agree with that as I also like sketch comedy.  I want to see him walk down more ramps but I think they have removed that prop from his rallies.
Logged

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5516
    • Robert's Photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3405 on: October 28, 2020, 09:16:39 pm »

Setting aside partisan politics for a minute, did you ever think you would read an article about whether or not the sitting President is a flight risk, https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/10/28/is-president-donald-trump-a-flight-risk-433313.

Logged
--
Robert

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3406 on: October 28, 2020, 09:28:02 pm »

Your reading comprehension is not quite the same as mine.  If I call someone a liar, I call it out plain and simple.  President Trump is a liar!  See how simple that one is.  I said that being an honorable veteran is no guarantee of being a truth teller and pointed to the example of Duncan Hunter, Jr. which is well documented.  Whether Mr. Bobulinski is or is not a liar is not for me to judge, it is for the courts should anything get that far.  Neither you, nor I, nor Tucker Carlson can say that he is telling the truth. 

You or I can choose to believe or not believe him but it does not make what he say true.

Actually we can base our opinion of his truthfulness on the evidence he presents.   But it’s nice to see you try and justify your statements about Bobulinski,
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3407 on: October 28, 2020, 09:30:19 pm »

I would agree with that as I also like sketch comedy.  I want to see him walk down more ramps but I think they have removed that prop from his rallies.

There is no doubt a Trump rally is highly entertaining.

I think he might be able to out walk and out work you Alan, but that’s just my opinion, mind you.
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5516
    • Robert's Photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3408 on: October 28, 2020, 09:30:28 pm »

I've been preoccupied since the beginning of the week. Anything new?

Not that much.
Logged
--
Robert

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3409 on: October 28, 2020, 09:31:40 pm »

Actually we can base our opinion of his truthfulness on the evidence he presents.   But it’s nice to see you try and justify your statements about Bobulinski,

That’s a nice little bootstrapping maneuver you are doing.
Logged

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3410 on: October 28, 2020, 09:38:41 pm »

That’s a nice little bootstrapping maneuver you are doing.

Ill be happy to let you explain where you are going with that.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 09:43:21 pm by Craig Lamson »
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3628
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3411 on: October 28, 2020, 10:16:07 pm »

Not that much.

I've scanned thru the posts and it appears you're right.
Logged
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3412 on: October 28, 2020, 10:24:03 pm »

I'm also an honorably discharged veteran (1966-68, E5, U.S,. Army.) I say Trump is an egomaniac, a liar, is suffering from narcissistic personality disorder, has cheated on his taxes, has ripped off hard-working contractors on his building projects, is an idiot and a criminal and quite possibly a traitor. You should believe that because I'm an honorable veteran, etc. 
The press should be investigating. They're not doing their job.  They're a joke.

Peter McLennan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4692
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3413 on: October 28, 2020, 10:24:11 pm »

  It was like moving into a dessert.  I don't know how you do it! 

Granted, it's really difficult.  Especially if there's a lot of whipped cream to deal with.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3414 on: October 28, 2020, 10:27:44 pm »

I thought Barr already said he really didn’t give a shit about that, he was going to release Dunham’s damaging report anyway, and then Dunham came up short, so Barr didn't get to tell everyone he was the savior of the free world and everything.
I thought Dunham had to do with the Clinton dossier, Democrats and Russia.  What does that have to do with Biden and China/Ukraine and a possible FBI investigation?  There's so much corruption going on, it's hard to keep track of who's screwing who. 

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3415 on: October 28, 2020, 10:31:38 pm »

Yeah, you lost everybody with that one.
No one cares.  We're up to page 171 and who remembers what anyone said three pages ago?  It's all a lot of nyah nyah anyway.

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3416 on: October 28, 2020, 10:38:57 pm »

Joe (the big guy, my chairman) is included on the email chain. 

Joe has said he has not taken a cent from any overseas company, country.  That does not deny a bagman.

He says he has never done any business overseas, but Hunter has and again Joe is mentioned in emails and testimony discussing Hunters “work”. See Bagman above.

He says he has never talked to Hunter about his business, testimony says otherwise

If this were some Russian hoax as Joe says, why not say the computer and emails are fake?  Why, because doing so puts him in very serious danger should we find out in fact that the Laptop is Hunters and the emails are true.

You got wordsmithed by Joe’s people, IMO. But it is very interesting to see the shoes on others feet this time.


Jpe should just say he knows nothing about the emails or the laptop.  They're Hunter's after all and he's probably out incommunicado on another toot so he doesn't know where to find him.  Everyone will feel sorry for him and drop the subject.

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3417 on: October 28, 2020, 10:43:27 pm »

I'm also an honorably discharged veteran (1966-68, E5, U.S,. Army.) I say Trump is an egomaniac, a liar, is suffering from narcissistic personality disorder, has cheated on his taxes, has ripped off hard-working contractors on his building projects, is an idiot and a criminal and quite possibly a traitor. You should believe that because I'm an honorable veteran, etc. 
Well I'm more truthful than you.  I served four years: 1963-1967 USAF.  I only made E4.  The Air Force was stingier than the army. Also they didn't like opinionated people.  ;)

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3418 on: October 28, 2020, 10:45:34 pm »

Sometimes I laugh when a Trump supporter says telling a lie disqualifies someone from being president.
Both candidates have faults.  The press i hiding Biden's to protect him.

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3419 on: October 29, 2020, 12:45:15 am »

Both candidates have faults.  The press i hiding Biden's to protect him.

So what? There are probably a lot of people out there saying even if all that Hunter Biden laptop stuff is true, and the press is trying to hide it, they are still going to vote for Biden because Trump is so odious. In fact, probably all of them that aren’t members of the Trump cult. Do you think anyone is voting about policy? Maybe instead of spending all his time and money running around the country preaching to the choir at rallies, and screwing up the shuttle buses so his supporters freeze to death afterwards, Trump should ramp up on all this Hunter Biden laptop stuff, and go out and convince everyone that Biden is even more odious than he is. Maybe he could get Bobulinski to do some commercials for him since he is so convincing. Don’t worry. No matter who wins or loses you can still bitch and moan about the press. And do us all a favor and quit whining about life being so unfair. It gets really old.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:13:56 am by faberryman »
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 194   Go Up