DACA continues. He didn't shut it down. Subsequent to the article your posted, the government issued new rules. Since the way it runs is decided by presidential edict, (the way it was set up was through an Obama presidential order not through Congressional legislation) its rules are determined by the current administration. This is what happens when a president like Obama writes law without Congress. So the new rules will have to go before another Federal Court to determine whether its in violation of the original Supreme Court order.
If this questionable case is the only thing in four years that shows Trump's dictatorial rule, you have a weak case.
https://www.nilc.org/issues/daca/admin-memo-scales-back-daca/
1) The "
new rules" merely confirm the defiance of the court order on a technicality. "OK we're not going to kill DACA - we're, uh, just not going to actually run the program."
2) It's not questionable
3) You made flat wrong statement and I corrected you. (Is there a further rules clarification that I missed? Are they now processing DACA applications again? If so, I'm in error and I apologize, but as of August 24, the status is that
they are not.)
Sidenote - "Unelected Federal bureaucrat" (you love to use that term to indicate a federal official who is abusing his/her authority, and it's perfect here - thanks) and noted little tin soldier and pompous ass Chad Wolf, currently
illegally installed to head DHS, stated that,
"If I ultimately determine to maintain the policy, there is nothing in [it] that would preclude aliens from making an initial request for DACA ... at that time." (What an asshole.)
4) I specifically answered "no" when someone asked if Trump was a dictator. You're the one that attempted to answer that question with a qualification that is easily proven wrong. There are other examples of lower court decisions being disregarded while Trump cries until he finds a judge (often that he appointed) that will rubber-stamp his idiocy. I simply chose the USSC example because there's no higher authority he can whine to. If "Trump doesn't disobey court orders" is the best YOU can do to illustrate that he's not a dictator, you're the one with a case in bad shape.
(The folks above who've answered, "no, but he sure wishes he was" are about as close to correct as we're going get.)