All things that are issues with solar and wind, unless of course the materials just pop out of thin air when needed and disappear when at the end of their life, instead of, you know, requiring mining for raw materials and going into landfills at end of life.
Solar panels, last I checked, contain lead, cadmium and other heavy metals, that are elements btw and do not break down.
No, they don't break down. Elements can be re-used. Just like many of the materials in cellphones and other electrical devices.
I also might add, it has been documented that both wind and solar farms use more raw materials than other power plants, which would only increase the issues you presented if we went full retard on this.
Let's see the documentation.
Insofar as the birds, perhaps the jury is still out, but it is a major contention of environmentalist around the globe, such as Michael Shellenberger.
Your "jury" perhaps. Let's see the documentation.
Shellenburger is pro-nuclear. Not something I disagree with. Google LFTR.
One last thing, and I have no idea how much this effects fly ash usage from coal plants, but if you talk to any engineer specializing in concrete (and I would suggest avoiding the conversation or otherwise you will get sucked into a two to three hour lecture on something that cant possibly be more boring, but if you did) they are having having difficultly finding a different source of ash for concrete given the closures of coal plants.
Let's see the documentation. Why does fly ash present such a disposal problem? Shouldn't it all be gobbled up by the concrete industry?