Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maximising Dynamic Range with ACDSee Pro 8/Ultimate 8  (Read 2573 times)

Stardog2

• I look good fat, I'm gonna look good old . . .
    • My Dynamic Range
Maximising Dynamic Range with ACDSee Pro 8/Ultimate 8
« on: April 29, 2015, 11:04:53 am »

I've been using ACDSee Pro for the PC in one form or another for the last 3 years or so (now I'm using the identical, for raw, Ultimate 8 ). I switched from Lightroom, and am quite pleased with the change.  

I think the quality of the Pro series of software is as good as any I've seen (and I've tried almost all of them available for the PC).  This is clearly software that doesn't have the mindshare in the photographic community I think it deserves.

One thing I've noticed, is that there is a lack of tutorials and end-user experiences out there on the internet for the ACDSee Pro series software.  Though  in the last year or so, ACDSee, the company has gotten pretty aggressive not only in pushing the development of the software itself, hence, the "Ultimate" brand software, but in creating video tutorials (some are fairly good, others not so much)

But ACDSee users still lag in documenting their experience the way Lightroom/Photoshop users do.  I've taken on the task of documenting what I learn (and hope others do too!) so we can eventually have a repository of real world experiences from real users on which to draw.

I wrote an article on how I maximize Dynamic Range for my m43s E-M10 and posted it on my blogspot account.  Since I shoot mostly landscapes any more I thought I post the link here in the hopes that other ACDSee users would come forth and be inspired to do the same.

http://glenbarrington.blogspot.com/2015/04/maximizing-dynamic-range-with-acdsee.html

I think ACDSee users should really speak up about their positive experiences as well as their negative.

speedyk

Re: Maximising Dynamic Range with ACDSee Pro 8/Ultimate 8
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 04:41:25 pm »

What do yo think of the quality of this version? I didn't have the RAW to work with...

Stardog2

• I look good fat, I'm gonna look good old . . .
    • My Dynamic Range
Re: Maximising Dynamic Range with ACDSee Pro 8/Ultimate 8
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 06:54:23 pm »

Well, to be honest.  I'm a little uncomfortable with you using my photos.  The only way you are going to learn good post processing is to work with your own photos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up