Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fabius Farm Seasons, Round #3 - for those not yet maxed on this study!  (Read 477 times)

jerryw

• Jerry Weimar Photography

As I said in 2 prior Fabius Farm Seasons posts, I'm doing a small series of the same location in different seasons and lighting.  For those of you that are maxed - just avert your eyes!

http://photos.jerryweimar.com/fabiusfarmseasons

No mist or clouds to add interest this morning (4/25/2015), but it was -7C overnight and the temporary "lake" froze.

So I decided to experiment with a few different compositions that emphasize the frozen lake.  As well as variations on a wide angle spread of the valley.

I don't think any of these will win a National Geo award - but I hope you enjoy 1 or 2 of them.

Frozen Lake #1

I composed and developed this one to show the tension in the tweener moment between the cold of night and the (relative) warmth of sunrise.

Frozen Lake #2

This one I composed to emphasize the warmth of sunrise against the frozen lake.

Frozen Lake #3

Here I came in tighter on the smaller tree, and used the pair of Canadian Geese to counter-balance the tree.

A Wider Perspective

Here I wanted to experiment with a different perspective of the valley, as the sun began to hit the silo in the background (which is a bit hard to see in this small web-format).

Evening Sky

In this evening one from 4/24/2015, I wanted to experiment with a composition that emphasized the beautiful evening sky.

I love the beauty of this simple location - so I can't promise I won't post on it again!   ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:53:56 am by jerryw »
Pages: [1]   Go Up