Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adj Brush global adjust broken in LR6?  (Read 998 times)

KarlGohl

Adj Brush global adjust broken in LR6?
« on: April 23, 2015, 07:41:50 pm »

In previous versions, you could click-drag an Adjustment Brush's pin to increase or decrease the effect globally (all the brush's sliders non-zero sliders would increase/decrease in unison).  In LR6, dragging the pin moves the mask.  The LR Queen says that you can hold Opt/Alt to get the old global adjustment behavio(u)r. I tried it and it worked, but only while still in Develop on the same picture after adding the Adj Brush -- after going to another picture in Develop or to another module and returning, holding Opt when dragging the pin show the global adjust cursor (bar with arrows pointing left and right), but it doesn't change the settings.  I'd like to know if anyone else see's this so I can decide whether to attempt to let Adobe know.  BTW: it also doesn't work for me with the Graduated Filter tool. GPU on or off doesn't make a difference.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Adj Brush global adjust broken in LR6?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 08:49:50 pm »

Works fine here.  Hold down option while hovering over pin, the cursor changes to the adjustment cursor, drag right or left to move all sliders of the adjustment. Have to keep holding the option key while moving it.

Personally I would prefer the option key be used for moving the pin, since I do that far less often than I make adjustments.

KarlGohl

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:32:13 pm »

Wayne: 
Thanks for the follow-up.  Are you saying that Option-dragging a pin still works after going to another picture and back in Develop or out of Develop and back to the picture?  I have since discovered that if an image has a pin that refuses to adjust, it will start working again if I add another pin.

KarlGohl

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 09:44:54 pm »

After more experimentation, I'm finding that the conditions under which a pin fails to respond to Option-drag are more complicated than I originally thought -- to complicated for me to figure out.  Now that I've discovered a work around (add another adjustment brush to the image), I'm not going to spend any more time on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up