Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help understanding the ST-E2 Transmitter!  (Read 2196 times)

audibeara6

Help understanding the ST-E2 Transmitter!
« on: January 31, 2006, 01:10:39 am »

I have both a 20D and 1D Mark IIn and have Stroboframe folding flip brackets for both. I have been using a 580EX flash and a Canon Off-Camera Shoe Cord 2 and am wanting to go to a 430EX and am wondering if using the ST-E2 wireless transmitter is a good choice to use when my flash is on a bracket above the wireless transmitter? I know it can work with the flash in front of the camera, but can the flash be hidden or does it have to be in line of sight to set off the flash? If any one has a ST-E2 and can tell me if this would work, it would help me alot in deciding what I am going to do.

Mary K

Help understanding the ST-E2 Transmitter!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 12:42:27 pm »

I use the ST-10 transmitter with my Canon 550 flashes and a 1DMKII and 5D.  I also used it with a 10D that I previously owned.  In my experience you do not need to place the flashes in front of the transmitter to fire them, especially indoors where the signal can bounce off of walls and ceilings.  It works fine outdoors as long as the flash is near the transmitter, even if it is above or slightly behind the transmitter.  I've been using the transmitter for a few years and have not had a problem.

Mary
Mary Konchar
Pages: [1]   Go Up