Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma PhotoPro 6 workflow question (Capture One/LCC etc)  (Read 6037 times)

Patrick Bock

Sigma PhotoPro 6 workflow question (Capture One/LCC etc)
« on: April 17, 2015, 08:25:13 am »

Hello all,
I'm not sure where to put this question, but I figure the specificity of the x3f files means I might as well start with SPP users.

Basically, I'm looking for a workflow to enable me to do color cast correction like in Capture One using a shot taken through white perspex.  If I could convert/export x3f files to be read as opened as raw in Captue One that'd be great, but it doesn't seem possible.  So far the best solution is to export 16 bit tif from SPP, convert to dng in lightroom, do the lcc in CornerFix, and then convert back to tiff.  Doing this I lose the 16 bit info and end up with 8bit tiffs, which is OK, but maybe not the best way to go about it.

Do any great minds out there have a better way to suggest?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

m_rouleau

Re: Sigma PhotoPro 6 workflow question (Capture One/LCC etc)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 07:30:02 am »

X3f from what camera? Adobe can read x3f files from pre-Merrill cameras and convert to DNG that Capture One can read.

As an aside, I doubt that you'll be able to use CornerFix on a tif that's been converted to DNG-- I suspect it needs the original raw data.

EDIT: It looks like you can use a linear dng with Cornerfix: https://sites.google.com/site/cornerfix/faqs
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:31:52 pm by m_rouleau »
Pages: [1]   Go Up