Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Premiere Pro user  (Read 1152 times)

Cornfield

New Premiere Pro user
« on: April 16, 2015, 11:34:21 am »

Just getting into video and like a lot of oldtimers the time has come to start learning again.

I'm editing some footage where the white balance changes over time.  The sequence starts in late afternoon and progresses into dusk and to dark when street lights take over from daylight.  Is there an easy way to make adjustments using say 10 key frames and have PP alter the white balance over the length of the shoot?

smthopr

• Bruce Alan Greene Cinematography
Re: New Premiere Pro user
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 11:58:18 am »

Easy, and not so easy.

If you subscribe to adobe CC, you can download speedgrade, kind of a movie version of photoshop.

But you'll need to learn the basics of speedgrade also.

In a few words... Add an adjustment layer above all you clips in PP. In the menu choose "send to speedgrade". This will open your PP timeline in SG. Add a key frame in the grading layer for each color adjustment in the correct position on the time line. With the play head parked on the key frame, make your color change for each key frame. When done, click the mouse on the end key frame and an arrow will appear between the key frames. This indicates that the effect will ramp from one key frame to the next.

When done, select save, then and back to PP.

I can't write a manual here, so you'll need to do some googling to learn some more basics about the software.

Good luck!!!
Bruce Alan Greene
www.brucealangreene.com

Cornfield

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 12:47:54 pm »

Many thanks smthopr.  Just the kind of advice I need to get me going.  I have subscribed to the full CC and will get started with  speedgrade this evening.

smthopr

• Bruce Alan Greene Cinematography
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 01:38:52 pm »

Mr. Cornfield,

My name is Bruce.  When you get stuck, because there is no real user manual for SG at the moment, you can email me and I'll try to help :)  You can find my email on my website, www.brucealangreene.com

It's pretty easy to do, but only once you learn the software :)
Bruce Alan Greene
www.brucealangreene.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up