Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Format Agnostic Professional Works  (Read 283679 times)

David Patterson

Re: Recent Format Agnostic Professional Works
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2015, 01:47:35 pm »

Chris, always appriciate your insight. I have been working through some of the same issues creating a new kit. I bought into the Actus when it was released and have cobbled together a great kit, including the 40mm Hassy CFE, 55 and 45 Rodie, 35 Contax PC, 75 Rodie Grandagon, looking forward to using my Canon 24ts and 17ts with the new lens plate. System works well on interiors, I use it often for stitching. Posted image is with the Hassy 40 CFE.

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2015, 02:54:32 pm »

Very cool.  I was just taking a good hard look at the Actus.  I already have the M2, though and like the additional movements.  S K Grimes is going to make me a Canon mount lensboard  :)

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2015, 04:30:54 pm »

Chris, always appriciate your insight. I have been working through some of the same issues creating a new kit. I bought into the Actus when it was released and have cobbled together a great kit, including the 40mm Hassy CFE, 55 and 45 Rodie, 35 Contax PC, 75 Rodie Grandagon, looking forward to using my Canon 24ts and 17ts with the new lens plate. System works well on interiors, I use it often for stitching. Posted image is with the Hassy 40 CFE.

Can Leica S series lenses be adapted for this kind of purpose? That would be something. Haven't used Leitz lenses since film days, but some of those lenses really had a special look to them. Don't know to what degree that carries over to the S system or whether that quality translates into digital though.

Chris Barrett

« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2015, 05:04:15 pm »

Ha!  David, I posted exactly that question in the MF Forum.  Nobody knows.  They have electronic control of the apertures, so that's an issue.  I would love to try the 30-90 zoom!  For my Canon TS-e glass, I'm planning to use the manual override trick to set them at f/8 1/2.

@ David P.,  do you have any full rez from the Contax you could send me?  I'm seriously thinking about hunting one of those down to replace my SK 35.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:45:16 pm by Chris Barrett »

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2015, 12:31:28 am »

Got to shoot that 11-24 a little last week...
Wow it's wild - taming is necessary!

Bloody great though.
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

Scott Hargis

• Scott Hargis Photo
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2015, 01:36:05 pm »

Whoa...I can post images here and not have someone measure the sensor I shot it on? Cool!

I combined two separate photos to get the people "right". The bike is supposed to sort of anchor the photo at the bottom and help make sure you notice the wedge shape of the lower part of the building. I had another frame with a red convertible but the car seemed to steal the show from the building so I went with the (more eco-friendly) bike.

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2015, 01:54:39 pm »

Hey Scott,

Nice image. 
I like the combo of the red bike guy and girl in the background.  Just enough red.

Did you have another exposure with the walking guy (black to with backpack), left of the screen, a little further to the left or right? 
I sort of want to see the Left hand edge of the building touch the ground.

Nice work - would love to see more of this project.
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

Chris Barrett

« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2015, 04:00:18 pm »

Welcome to the dark side, Hargis!  ;)

I shot this project on Thursday, retouched all weekend and bamm, there it is already!  Nice!

More @ Skidmore's site...

CB
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:16:11 pm by Chris Barrett »

Scott Hargis

• Scott Hargis Photo
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2015, 07:59:38 pm »

Chris, nice to be here.

Andrew, thanks. Here's the rest of the set:

ACH DIGITAL

• http://www.achdigital.com
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2015, 11:00:19 pm »

Hi Scott, great images!
Chris great as always! you seem to have more commercial clients than residential. Tell the story.
Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com

Martin Ranger

• My Website.
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2015, 11:18:55 pm »

Wow, Scott, amazing photos.

There has been some great architectural photography in this tread. But where is everyone else :)
Martin Ranger
Seattle, WA

www.martinrangerimages.com

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2015, 03:02:05 am »

Chris, nice to be here.

Andrew, thanks. Here's the rest of the set:

Excellent work, Scott.

gazwas

« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2015, 01:56:26 pm »

Typically it was grey, blustery and showery morning in the UK and had to shoot a table setting for a restaurant depicting a "summer lunch" for a urgent magazine advertorial.

trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

Manoli

« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2015, 02:10:41 pm »

Knowing only too well how 'grey', UK 'grey' is - that's f-fantastic.
Be careful though, with that sort of result, they'll be asking you if you know how to cook ...

Kudos.

Chris Barrett

« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2015, 05:18:37 pm »

Yeah, Anotonio... almost all of my work seems to be commercial interiors.  I wouldn't mind more residential stuff, It's often more interesting.  I think that many residential architects probably have lower photo budgets, tho...

CB

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2015, 07:59:21 pm »

Yeah, Anotonio... almost all of my work seems to be commercial interiors.  I wouldn't mind more residential stuff, It's often more interesting.  I think that many residential architects probably have lower photo budgets, tho...

CB

You have found a really nice and profitable niche, and you do great work.  However, at least based on my personal experience the constant stream of very similar work does kind of wear on you after a couple of decades.  You do seem to do a pretty good job of trying to keep yourself fresh with your other endeavors. If I were not so close to retirement I suspect I would be searching for a different kind of subject matter just to break it up a bit.  However, I'm getting old :)
Craig Lamson Photo

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2015, 08:05:55 pm »

Could have easily missed this thread as it's in a section of the forum I don't often frequent.

Glad I didn't.
FWIW I'd like to see an additional dedicated image sharing section on the LuLa forum rather than individual threads being buried within this format driven Equipment & Techniques section.
Keith, I would love this exact thread in the main forum headings, so we can all get straight at Pro work without all the format war nonsense.
You do not have to go looking in individual forums, just click on the unread post link at top right and all new posts appear.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2015, 09:21:55 pm »

I think that many residential architects probably have lower photo budgets, tho...

CB

Pitifully a the truth. I love residential work but a lot of my quotes are turn down. If it wasn't because I do product photography I would be fried.
Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2015, 09:23:45 pm »

Typically it was grey, blustery and showery morning in the UK and had to shoot a table setting for a restaurant depicting a "summer lunch" for a urgent magazine advertorial.

Gazgas lovely image, light and tonality.
Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com

Scott Hargis

• Scott Hargis Photo
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2015, 09:59:25 pm »

Pitifully a the truth. I love residential work but a lot of my quotes are turn down. If it wasn't because I do product photography I would be fried.

But, it's pretty impressive when they do "go for it" and cough up the fee. When you think about SOM or Fentress etc. spending mid-four figures on a shoot it just seems a little pathetic. But for a mid-size interior designer to spend that...it's a much larger sum to them. Makes me feel very motivated! I know what it's like to spend (what seems to me like) a large amount of money on something that might, or might not, pay off.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27   Go Up