Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frame Sources  (Read 4302 times)

Colorado David

Frame Sources
« on: April 10, 2015, 10:03:04 am »

I didn't want to hijack Mark's topic on supplies so I thought I would start a new one.  In that topic there was a recommendation for Frame Destination.  I have used pictureframes.com and a local frame shop.  I looked at the frame destination website.  If you have used multiple sources for frames and have a preference, please post.  I want quality work, but price is also a consideration as is shipping cost.  Thanks very much.

pearlstreet

Re: Frame Sources
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 12:23:07 pm »

I used Frame Destination for a long time and they are very good. If you need mail order, then I recommend them. Their mats were beautifully done and their packaging is awesome. I had a couple of issues with packaging with other online vendors.

However, I now use our local frame shop. They give me a professional discount and I get much better frames from them. I also like being able to go to the shop and  better match white mats with the individual photos. The mats were just as good with frame destination but the wood quality is much, much better locally for the frames.  So while I found Frame Destination to offer good service, I much prefer supporting local businesses when possible, especially when I see a difference in quality.

Sharon

framah

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 07:02:57 pm »

Sharon,

On behalf of local frame shops everywhere, I thank you!! ;D

If you are a serious artist, then I do give a professional discount. It still won't be as cheap as a mail order  place, but like you said, the choices are more, the quality of frame material is definitely better and not to mention your time is better spent making more art than assembling frame packages.

"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 08:06:56 am »

Anyone have a source for welded aluminum frames?  A friend uses these guys, BestFrame.  And they have good prices.  When I emailed them, though, the guy responded that they were very busy with a minimum of 6 week turn around.  Not inspiring.  For wood frames, I also use or local framers.

CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up