Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a History function in Capture One  (Read 6593 times)

Neil_Brander

Is there a History function in Capture One
« on: April 04, 2015, 12:17:54 pm »

I'm new to Capture One. Having used LR extensively for many years I'm used to seeing a history of the changes I've made.  This allows me, not only to track the changes, put to click on the first history entry and see the original image.  I can also do that in NIK software, by either using history or the compare button..But I can't seem to find that same functionality in Capture One.

Am I missing something?

KMRennie

Re: Is there a History function in Capture One
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 01:29:58 pm »

No history, just multiple undo. Ken

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 02:25:18 pm »

No history, just multiple undo. Ken

Indeed, and I prefer to make a variant copy when trying some things, which makes it easy to eliminate the variant and get back to the starting/intermediate point of processing. The various tools also have the ability to temporarily (by holding the Alt/Option key while switching) reset them.

It's a slightly different approach, but I do not miss the step by step undoing. I hate the growing list of adjustment steps in LR when I make minute changes and back (thus adding two more steps to the undo list with no purpose) when I'm not satisfied with the effect. I keep having to eliminate parts of that list to keep trrack of only the really meaningful steps.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 09:52:32 am »

For such a great tool I just can't believe C1 still can't provide a history. I have brought this up before. The multiple undo works only if you are working on 1 image at a time which is not my style. If you try to undo going back and forth between images it gets very confusing.

Bart I like like that idea with the variants.

C1 does allow you turn off individual layers unlike LR at least @ 5.71.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up