Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D7100 suddenly stopped recognizing an SD card?  (Read 2016 times)

dwswager

Nikon D7100 suddenly stopped recognizing an SD card?
« on: April 02, 2015, 08:41:15 pm »

I have 3 16GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mbs cards that I have been using in my D7100 for almost 2 years with no problem.  Yesterday afternoon, I shot high school soccer and downloaded the card to my computer using a Trancend USB3 card reader.  When I put it back in the camera, the D7100 would not recognize it.  I tried both slots in the camera.  The camera reads the other 2 similar cards no problem AND when I put it back in the card reader, the computer can read it.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks
Dave

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Nikon D7100 suddenly stopped recognizing an SD card?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 08:56:01 pm »

Format the card in the computer using FAT32 (Windows PC) or DOS (Mac) then put it in the camera and reformat it in camera.  if it works you are good to go.  If not, something has damaged the card and a warranty replacement would be in order.

dwswager

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 10:12:49 pm »

Format the card in the computer using FAT32 (Windows PC) or DOS (Mac) then put it in the camera and reformat it in camera.  if it works you are good to go.  If not, something has damaged the card and a warranty replacement would be in order.

Most bizarre thing is that the D810 reads it and the Trancend USB3 card reader reads it, but the D7100 and the SD reader in my Asus UL30Vt laptop do not.

Contacted Sandisk professional products and they gave me an RMA for the card and are sending a 32GB version in it's place since the 16GB ones are out of stock.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 08:24:01 am »

Likely a worn contact, an eraser on the contacts might remedy it.  But if you didn't lose any images and they are giving you a new one then it's all good :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up