Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica 28mm Elmarit 2.8 on Sony A7II?  (Read 5061 times)

ajz

Leica 28mm Elmarit 2.8 on Sony A7II?
« on: March 30, 2015, 05:22:57 pm »

It seems that my lens (mentioned above) will not work on the A7II with my Novaflex adapter - as it appears that the rear lens element is too close; or may hit; the camera sensor.

Perhaps need to trade it even though I can use it on the M6...thoughts would be most appreciated.

thanks,

alj

Johnny_Johnson

Re: Leica 28mm Elmarit 2.8 on Sony A7II?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 06:58:15 pm »

The lens won't hit the sensor but the light rays hit the sensor at such as acute angle that the edges and corners of the image are smeared. Do you shoot enough film to justify keeping it? The ASPH version is a mighty sharp lens in a small package.

Later,
Johnny

ajz

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 04:46:12 pm »

Johnny,

Thanks for your thoughts. Not much 35mm film shooting, but occasionally do bring out the M6 with the 28mm, and have the film digitized. The 90mm Tele-Elmarit  2.8 seems to work well....may need to think about the 28mm.

ajz

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 07:59:31 pm »

The lens won't hit the sensor but the light rays hit the sensor at such as acute angle that the edges and corners of the image are smeared. Do you shoot enough film to justify keeping it? The ASPH version is a mighty sharp lens in a small package.

I second that.

http://blog.kasson.com/?p=8521

The R version works great, though. I tested a v1. The v2's should be even better, but they are now spendy, thanks to mirrorless.

Jim

Paul Roark

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 12:49:00 pm »

BTW, the comment regarding the lens being too close to the sensor may have related to the fact that these adapter companies seem to make most of them about 1/2 mm too short.  So, the Leica M lenses with very accurate infinity stops focus beyond infinity at their stop.  I find this annoying.  The Voigtlander VM-E adapter is the solution and what I think is the best way to go.  It provides close focusing with Leica M lenses as well as a way to set your infinity stop.  I mark the point on the adapter and use (easily removable and re-usable) tape to hold it in place.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 03:52:50 pm »

BTW, the comment regarding the lens being too close to the sensor may have related to the fact that these adapter companies seem to make most of them about 1/2 mm too short.  So, the Leica M lenses with very accurate infinity stops focus beyond infinity at their stop.  I find this annoying.  The Voigtlander VM-E adapter is the solution and what I think is the best way to go.  It provides close focusing with Leica M lenses as well as a way to set your infinity stop.  I mark the point on the adapter and use (easily removable and re-usable) tape to hold it in place.

I've found Kipon adapters to be the right length.

http://blog.kasson.com/?p=8968

Jim

ajz

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 05:33:23 pm »

Jim,

Thanks for the Kipon adapter info - appreciate it; I visit your site a lot - very nice.

ajz
Pages: [1]   Go Up