Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LLVJ unpublished material?  (Read 34342 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
LLVJ unpublished material?
« on: March 25, 2015, 11:54:48 am »

Hi Chris,

You mention this in your article - I hesitate to think what the total number of finished videos would be for those fifteen years once all of the now dated and superannuated tutorial videos are added to the total!

Does this mean that all the older unpublished material and travel segments etc, are now going to made available as well?

Great news if it is  ;)

Dave
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:56:45 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: LLVJ unpublished material?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 12:11:07 pm »

What would you like to see made available? - it's unlikely to be free

Most all of the material unavailable is from very old tutorials which have been superseded...

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 02:51:20 pm »

...also it is superseded, I also would be interested in that material for a good price  ;D

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 04:19:12 pm »

What would you like to see made available? - it's unlikely to be free

Most all of the material unavailable is from very old tutorials which have been superseded...

It is just that in various LLVJ's, Michael quite often mentions about having just got back from filming somewhere else (the names of which I can't think of at the moment), but that never seemed to appear in any of the other journal travel segments - sorry if I am wrong, but I just got the impression when watching them all again for the umpteenth time, that there is more stashed away somewhere.

And yes of course we are willing to pay for it, no matter how old or out dated it is - I still enjoy watching Michael getting all excited when reviewing the amazing and NEW Canon 10D and then the even more amazing 30D  ;D

regards

Dave
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:24:24 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 09:27:44 pm »

It is just that in various LLVJ's, Michael quite often mentions about having just got back from filming somewhere else (the names of which I can't think of at the moment), but that never seemed to appear in any of the other journal travel segments...
Hmmm... one day I'll have to look to see what I have in my tape collection but I am pretty sure we now have edited all of that material.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 09:50:48 am »

Hmmm... one day I'll have to look to see what I have in my tape collection but I am pretty sure we now have edited all of that material.

Hi Chris,

Sorry If I have got this wrong, but I thought you filmed Michael and whoever he happens to be with, on every photographic expedition and so there was quite a backlog of such material being amassed but unused, over the three year period or so, when you were also working on and publishing the various tutorials instead.

Dave

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 04:28:21 pm »

Chris,

I love to watch the old LLVJ seeing Michael at the zoo or in front of a church talking about new cameras and sowing testprints. I also love to see Michael on his terrace in Muskoka and talking to Thomas are Steve about photographic equipment. I also watch these old movies pretty often, it is much better than watching any soap in the TV.
In a different thread some time ago you mentioned that you have some additional uncut and unpublished material, I guess I rememeber you mentioned about the 1DS II and 1 DS III.

I'm sure if you step down into your deepest cellar, you will find very interesting and unplublished material. Why not give the cildren what they  want, make them happy and have a few bucks as a reward  ;D ?

Best wishes

Robert
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:47:29 pm by Robert-Peter Westphal »
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 11:29:11 pm »

I still would put in a vote for a bloopers reel...I know for a fact that Michael and I have committed a ton of bloopers over the years and I'm sure Chris has gotten a ton of bloopers with the video journal.

But, I know that doing the work reviewing the footage (some way old on SD or worse) and editing a really good blooper reel would be a lot of work-with little proof it would 'sell".

It's one of those things I would love to see...but it's unknown if it would be worth the effort :~(

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 12:02:44 am »

I'll definitely buy the Blooper real, Jeff. You and Mike are funny enough even when the bloopers have been censored out, so I expect the unexpurgated bits could be really fun.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 04:52:48 am »

I agree with Jeff and Eric. I mean if you are a fan of the LLVJ's, then you are a fan and you want as much of it as you can get your hands on, in all its forms.

Maybe it could be called: LLVJ - The Uncut, The Uncensored and The Unreleased   ;D

Dave

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 12:20:46 pm »

...I know that doing the work reviewing the footage (some way old on SD or worse) and editing a really good blooper reel would be a lot of work-with little proof it would 'sell". It's one of those things I would love to see...but it's unknown if it would be worth the effort :~(
Yup - VERY unlikely to happen  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up