Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just received 5ds and testing VS my CF-39MS in same lens conditions  (Read 24173 times)

uheck

Re: Just received 5ds and testing VS my CF-39MS in same lens conditions
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2015, 04:01:56 am »

we need IMAGES.Rela life IMAGES.

Everything else is hypothetical.

thanks

hjulenissen

« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2015, 04:36:10 am »

we need IMAGES.Rela life IMAGES.

Everything else is hypothetical.

thanks
Your real-life images are just hypothetical indications of what this camera can do in my hands. Thus we need to be hands on, every single one of us.

-h

goldfinger

« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2015, 07:03:34 am »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2015, 07:45:51 am »

Some new RAW and JPG files of the 5ds/r...

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-5ds-r/canon-5ds-rA7.HTM

Thanks for mentioning. Apparently also ISO 50 samples !

Downloading as we speak ...

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2015, 12:26:30 pm »

I feel like there is something wrong with me because I just don't care  how many more blades of grass one camera can capture over another. Probably because as a component of an image, resolution generaly makes sweet fa difference wether the picture is any good or not and it doesn't earn me any more throwing more money at something that gets laughably called an upgrade.
Only people that spend stupid amounts on gear will ever bother to look for the difference and call it good or bad.
People will see what they want to see, whatever you see some smart arse will take you you are not looking at it properly.
Kevin.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2015, 12:33:11 pm »

I feel like there is something wrong with me because I just don't care  how many more blades of grass one camera can capture over another.

Most people are missing the point that a denser sampling of the optical image, will boost the MTF response over the entire image. So it is not (only) about resolving more detail, it's about better image quality (and more resolution which allows better post-processing). Upgrading the sensor is like upgrading the lens at the same time.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2015, 04:16:03 pm »

Deleted
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:30:14 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2015, 10:01:25 pm »

Only people that spend stupid amounts on gear will ever bother to look for the difference and call it good or bad.
People will see what they want to see, whatever you see some smart arse will take you you are not looking at it properly.

This is so sadly untrue. Why would you think your world of need and want is the only "de facto "?

There are people who want the resolution and the quality. The expression and often the client need demand this in some areas. There will be people always pixel peeping, and franking I thank them, and often include myself for my needs. It maybe the stupid amounts on gear or whatever it maybe, the blades of grass matter for some people.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:09:14 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Kolor-Pikker

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2015, 07:13:37 am »

I feel like there is something wrong with me because I just don't care  how many more blades of grass one camera can capture over another. Probably because as a component of an image, resolution generaly makes sweet fa difference wether the picture is any good or not and it doesn't earn me any more throwing more money at something that gets laughably called an upgrade.

If I were shooting just for pleasure I think even 40mp would be fine, but others may consider the use of an 80mp back on a tech cam pleasure and a 40mp speed shooter as work. There's nothing wrong with you not seeing value in high resolution sensors, but that doesn't mean that they don't have value for those that need them for technical reasons, like being able to print images meters wide without stitching, having to stitch less or cropping heavily.

You should also never judge pixel count, at 51mp the 645Z is of middle-of-the-road in medium format resolution, but has superior ISO and DR to just about every stills camera as of today, even the 12mp A7S, despite having 2.5x the pixel density. It's not like you have to use all those pixels, as over-sampling has it's various advantages too, like compensating for the fact that color sensors still only capture 1/2 their resolution in green and 1/4 in blue and red, and also reducing the possibility of moire and other artifacts. Even at the same sensor size, a 50mp image sampled down to 22mp will be better every time than a native 22mp capture, assuming normalized performance isn't hampered, which judging by these early results shows that it hasn't - at least compared to other Canon cameras.

That cameras are sporting resolutions 2-3x the amount they would normally have 5-8 years ago while performing as good or better is a clear indicator that you just shouldn't look too much into paper specs, which with recent technological advancements is becoming less and less of an indicator of how the sensor really performs.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up