Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues (certain 2011-2013 models)  (Read 907 times)

syncrasy

FYI...

Apple is repairing certain defective MacBook Pro laptops for no charge:

"Apple has determined that a small percentage of MacBook Pro systems may exhibit distorted video, no video, or unexpected system restarts. These MacBook Pro systems were sold between February 2011 and December 2013. . . . Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will repair affected MacBook Pro systems, free of charge."

See: MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues
http://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

If you already paid for this repair before the program was announced, Apple will reimburse you. Note that the program expires on February 27, 2016 "or three years from its original date of sale, whichever provides longer coverage for you."

I'm not entirely certain, but I believe the problem is due to bad solder connections on the logic board becoming loose due to high temperatures. Apple replaces the defective logic board with one that has better solder connections.

I experienced the "no video" problem (sudden black screen) on my early 2011 MacBook Pro. I took it in to my Apple Store on Monday. They shipped it out for repair that day and it was returned by Wednesday afternoon. Very fast.
-- Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up