Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: clogged print heads (Epson stylus pro 9000)  (Read 1646 times)

0Haakon0

clogged print heads (Epson stylus pro 9000)
« on: March 12, 2015, 09:25:02 am »

Hi all :D

I `m totally new to this and if its not going to the correct category i`m aplogize.

The case is that I  newly acquired an used  old Epson stylus pro 9000,  but it wont print colours at all.  I wonder if someone has a tutorial for getting the printer head of and manually clean the nozzles with the syringe / some cleaner / compressed air method?  if any has tips on this any help would be higly appreciated:)

for the record I`ve tried the printers self cleaning several times.

jferrari

Re: clogged print heads (Epson stylus pro 9000)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 04:00:33 pm »

You may want to start your journey by reading this thread.    - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

Farmer

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 06:50:41 pm »

The 9000 is generations removed from the 7900 - that thread isn't going to help at all.

Given the age of the machine, the discontinuation of the unit and the parts years ago, it's quite likely unrecoverable at this point.  You sure don't want to push compressed air through the head!
Phil Brown

jferrari

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 10:06:40 pm »

The 9000 is generations removed from the 7900 - that thread isn't going to help at all.

Direct model specific information may not be found therein but the "book of Eric" contains a wealth of generic principles and concepts that I feel could be useful to anyone trying to revive any inkjet printer. (Soaking a head, Windex treatments, syringe cleaning, ratio of machine cleanings to printing test images, etc.)     -Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up