Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLD: Arca Swiss C1 Cube  (Read 2312 times)

Joseph Colson

• Joe Colson Photography
SOLD: Arca Swiss C1 Cube
« on: February 22, 2015, 09:37:06 am »

This is an Arca Swiss C1 Cube that I used with medium format systems. Having transitioned to a Sony mirrorless and a Nikon DSLR, I'm using a BH-55 ballhead instead of the Cube. I am the original owner. I will regret selling this brilliant piece of kit as soon as it leaves my hands, but I rarely use it, now that I've downsized my camera bodies.

This Cube is in excellent condition, with minor paint wear on the knobs, edges and corners as you can see in the photos. The gearing works great with no issues. I've installed an RRS lever clamp (retails for $120), replacing the Arca Swiss lever clamp. I find the RRS clamp to be easier to use and more dependable than the Arca Swiss lever clamp. Both the RRS clamp and the original Arca Swiss clamp are included. And if you prefer, I'll re-install the original clamp. No worries.

Price - $1,400 - includes Cube, original lever clamp, RRS lever clamp, box and original packaging. Reasonable offers will be considered. The Cube alone retails for $1,699 at B&H.

Previous buyers can attest to the fact that the gear I sell is in "as advertised" condition or better. If you have any questions, please PM or email to "joe dot colson at me dot com".

Payment by PayPal, personal check, cashiers check, BofA transfer, Chase QuickPay. If payment is by PayPal, add 3% for PayPal fee. Price includes insured FedEx or UPS shipping to CONUS. I cannot ship internationally.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:06:23 pm by Joseph Colson »

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: FS: Arca Swiss C1 Cube
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 09:48:10 am »

It's rare to see the AS Cube on the buy/sell market---and better yet when from a known and trusted seller such as Joe Colson.

Not mentioned is that Joe's AS Cube is a great value imho because he has the RRS lever clamp installed already.  "New" AS Cubes now come with a permanent loctite glue on the clamp, making it necessary to use a heat gun and a lot of care to remove the clamp.  Joe's AS Cube will allow the user to easily swap between clamping choices at will. The RRS lever clamp installed here is the better one imho.

:)  ken

Joseph Colson

• Joe Colson Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 09:54:44 am »

Thanks Ken. I appreciate the kind words. And I wasn't aware that the newer Cubes make swapping clamps very difficult. Heat gun! Yikes!

Joe

MrDen

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:46:01 pm »

I'm looking for one for months now.
The last one i found was on ebay for 915$.
Are you in connection with Kenneth J Meyers?
I send you pm.

MrDen

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 01:56:07 pm »

"New" AS Cubes now come with a permanent loctite glue on the clamp, making it necessary to use a heat gun and a lot of care to remove the clamp.

Where have you seen this  :D
Totally false, and new cube come with the monoball fix.
You can order or choose between this or flip-lock.
And a new one is 1365$ in the European market just to say...

barihunk

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 02:58:01 pm »

OMG someone buy this before I break my credit card. Seriously rare to see one on sale. Why oh why aren't there slightly cheaper geared options... The number of OCD people alive must be less common that I think.

skimasks

• http://www.justinpoulsen.com
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 02:59:52 pm »

Mr Den,
How many threads are you going to ruin before you realize that nagging and whining isn't going to change the current market price of this item? It's time to shut up and respect those who are selling their own items. If it's not the price you want, either talk to them privately or go to Europe.

MrDen

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 03:24:22 pm »

Explain to me why i would pay more for a used item, if i can find one new for a lower price...
Just go to arca-swiss-magasin.com. I've looking for a cube more than a year, i've seen almost 10 passing by, i know the prices.
Moreover, arguing, is not whinning, especially when someone is open to offers.
But thanks, i'm in Europe, and already speak to him privately.

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 06:21:11 pm »

Pretty apparent that you don't have experience with an AS Cube---newly released or prior. Otherwise you wouldn't be looking for a Cube now.  If you had any real experience with the AS Cube, it's about having the choice of installing the user's desired clamp---not the AS fliplock or clamp as offered---which is indeed now sealed with loctite. 

Joe Colson's price is pretty much in line with fair market value (FMV), and better yet because Joe is a known reputable seller.  You aren't a known quantity.  But you certainly have made a mess of Joe's listing that's for sure.  ::)  I hope the mods clean up the mess.

MrDen

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 10:18:33 pm »

So you can't look for something you had, have, or knew... thanks for your approbation...
Arca proposed to choose the flip-lock or the monoball fix, as i said.
You're messing a point with your loctite, probably this: http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=39941.10;wap2
There is no mess in here, it's a discussion, you can speak only if you're known in the area, we are on a forum.
Thank you God.

Joseph Colson

• Joe Colson Photography
SOLD: Arca Swiss C1 Cube
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 01:06:01 pm »

Despite the "mess", the Arca Swiss C1 Cube has been SOLD. Thanks to all of you who have supported me as a reliable seller and who have endorsed the Cube as a brilliant piece of engineering. Thanks especially to Ken Doo and Justin Poulsen, who spoke up in an attempt to keep this thread on topic. I enjoy debates, but not in the For Sale forum threads.

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up