Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad 50-110mm on HTS1.5  (Read 851 times)

Mr.Gale

Hasselblad 50-110mm on HTS1.5
« on: February 21, 2015, 12:03:56 pm »

In a for sale ad (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=97900.0) the seller says his/her 50-110 lens has been modified so it will work on the HTS1.5. Has anyone else ever made this modification and if you have what were the results? It looks like an easy modification although I’m not sure why the plastic piece has the fins, do they serve a purpose?

Mr.Gale

uheck

Re: Hasselblad 50-110mm on HTS1.5
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:11:24 pm »

Hi Gale,

why didn´t You ask me directly?
I am the seller of this lens.
The 50-110 has a good image circle.
These fins just have the purpose of preventing the usage of this zoom on the HTS, since on infinity there´s chance that the rear lens touches the HTS lens (never had problems tho).

Once You know that, You basically save on lenses and travel weight.

best

Mr.Gale

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 07:57:34 pm »

You'r right I should have asked you directly to start, I was just curious if anyone else had tried it. I already have both the 50-110mm and the HTS1.5 so I didn't think it was a good idea to hyjack your ad. Now that we are on the same page, is there anything I should know about before I make any modifications? Are you pleased with the combination?
Thanks,
Mr.Gale

uheck

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 04:17:10 am »

The combo is phenomenal, but I´m selling this lens to thin out my HaBla and Leica equipment due to the Canon moves :)

What I would do:
clear with HaBla USA if You get the rear pupil cover as a spare part, so You can do this mod.
In Germany that´s not a problem.

Mr.Gale

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:31:29 pm »

Paul I think you're right. That would be a lot of weight on the front mount of the HTS. I would hate to strip the gears, can you imagine what it would cost to fix it :-( . But I don't think the camera to HTS mount would be stressed. I did try to attach my 50-110 to the HST, it sits flush but you can't turn it.
Oh well, it sounded interesting but I don't think I will make the modification.

Mr.Gale
Pages: [1]   Go Up