Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Print Servers and Epson R2400  (Read 6903 times)

ezdrive

Wireless Print Servers and Epson R2400
« on: January 10, 2006, 08:04:19 pm »

I currently am using an Epson Stylus Photo R2400 with a wired firewire connection.  All of my other printers are wireless, or are connected to wireless print servers.  Has anyone had any experience with connecting this printer to a wireless print server?  What brand server works with the Epson?  I currently use a Linksys wireless network.

rih

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 08:39:14 pm »

i tried to hook up my Epson 1280 via my Apple router and some features like the print utilities did not work.  I asked Epson and they said some functions were not supported but would be via a direct USB connection and they were.  my sense is that the epson drivers are not as robust as one would like.  possibly same problem with your printer.  if there are problems ask EPSON they were helpful and knew the score.

dmcginlay

• http://
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 12:07:25 pm »

I currently am using an Epson Stylus Photo R2400 with a wired firewire connection.  All of my other printers are wireless, or are connected to wireless print servers.  Has anyone had any experience with connecting this printer to a wireless print server?  What brand server works with the Epson?  I currently use a Linksys wireless network.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55670\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You might want to checkout the new wireless USB hubs introduced at the CES show this year. I believe Belkin is one of the manufacturers.

Don
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 12:08:51 pm by dmcginlay »
Pages: [1]   Go Up