Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 906 times)

Jens Peermann

Twins
« on: February 15, 2015, 07:12:52 pm »

One of the problems a clean install of 8.1 didn't sole is: TWINS.

For each image I import into the catalog, two will show up. One is the intended importee, the second one is an image that had been deleted from catalog and disk a long time ago. Both share the same file name.

Each importee gets it's individual twin (no twin sharing), although the same images that show up as twins in one import session may and will show up as twins again in the next import session.

It drives me nuts! :P

Technical stuff: Mac Pro 1.1, which cannot run an OS later than 10.7. Since C1 8.x requires OSX10.9 or later, I have the C1 Windows version and run it on Windows 8.1 through Parallels. Not sure if this could be a factor.

Any suggestion how to get rid of those twins greatly appreciated.

Jens Peermann

Re: Twins
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 07:37:21 pm »

I should ad that the twin is only the thumbnail. When clicking on it a copy of the intended importee shows in the preview pane, but with the default profile attached, not the custom profile that I selected to be used for the image. So instead of only the variant with the selected custom profile, C1 creates two instances, one with the custom profile and one with the program's default profile. The default profile variant gets a random thumbnail that C1 somehow remembers from a previous session, even though it's not in that catalog or on the disk anymore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up