Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edge of the Storm  (Read 5175 times)

MasonJarr

Edge of the Storm
« on: February 07, 2015, 01:48:35 am »

I got this one processed from about 3 weeks ago, just after a storm was ending and had dropped about 6 inches of new snow.  It was completely overcast, but from somewhere the sun broke through and highlighted that single hill.

stamper

Re: Edge of the Storm
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 03:48:23 am »

I think there is too much foreground but I am not suggesting you crop the bottom. You would have to be standing next to the rock on the right to get a better angle to see more of the hills in the background. The hills look interesting but you can't see enough of them.

MasonJarr

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 06:08:12 pm »

Thanks for the feedback.  I admit I rushed the composition because I wanted to get the light before it disappeared.  I might have been able to move to the left a bit and get those rocks aligned better so you can see what's behind them.  You can't tell in the image, but immediately out of the frame to the left is a highway and I couldn't move any further in that direction.  Although it's processed as color, it almost looks B&W to me due to the overall dull light.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 04:47:02 am »

The composition could, perhaps, be a bit stronger, with that reddish rock featuring more prominently?
Pages: [1]   Go Up