Hi,
I don't think this is about bragging rights, but about sharing information. Images are worth more than worths and raw images are worth more than processed images, it is simple as that.
Latest time I counted I have shared something like 200 raw images, admittedly they may not be easy to find.
But just as a sample, here are some test shots with the Hasselblad Planar 80/2.8:
http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/Articles/Shoots/BernardSamples/CastleShoot/Planar_80/And this is a pointer to all those images:
http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/Articles/Shoots/BernardSamples/The reason I posted these was that some reader was interested in old Hasselblad lenses and I have happened to make these shots to better understand some issues I have seen. Sharing raw images is of course much more helpful than posting processed JPEGs, as the reader cannot know how those images were processed. With raw mages the readers can apply their favourite processing methods.
Now, I don't pretend I am a great reproduction artist. My background is engineering and a bit science, where you share as much as feasible. You don't share trade secrets, or protect them before sharing, but without facts you don't have any credibility. Simple as that.
Just as a side note, Doug Peterson makes serious business. I am pretty sure he will be glad to send raw samples for anyone seriously asking. He needs that for credibility. But I don't think he would give away the profiles they created for free.
Best regards
Erik
Or else pop in the nearest premium museum to you and ask them fot some "raw" files...
I bet they'll give you some PINA along with the files you ask...
But even if you could get some...
what you would open them with?
