Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Approach Sell Wall Decor in NYC  (Read 4401 times)

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
How to Approach Sell Wall Decor in NYC
« on: January 26, 2015, 09:02:38 am »

How would one approach selling your wall décor to buyers in NYC? Who would be responsible for making decisions about buying prints for commercial buildings or hospitals etc.
Mike

JoeKitchen

Re: How to Approach Sell Wall Decor in NYC
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 01:03:19 pm »

Most successful gallerists will have a few commercial accounts that they sell work to for this purpose.  I would recommend reaching out to them as a starting point. 

It will be rather competitive, but getting representation can help. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

chez

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 08:13:02 pm »

I don't know about NYC, but in my neck of the woods, I sell prints through an arrangement I have with an interior designist which gets hired to design open houses as well as redesign office buildings. For the open houses ( we are talking upper class houses ) she uses my prints which in turn quite often sell with the house. It's a win-win arrangement. She gets to use my prints in the staged open houses and I get sales out of it. She also uses many of my prints when redesigning office buildings.

Michael N. Meyer

• Michael Nathaniel Meyer Freelance
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 09:50:17 pm »

In addition to the above suggestions, you might see if management companies like SL Green have internal buyers or purchasers you could contact. Hotels generally have people who do this; the largest management companies might also. Crain's New York publishes a number of lists with business contact information--I believe one of those lists covers the largest real estate management companies in the City.

I'd skip commercial galleries because they would require jumping through all the same hoops as if you were looking for exhibition opportunities or representation--because you would be.

I've not looked for this kind of opportunity myself, so take the above with the proverbial grain of salt. If you're in the City, I'd be happy to grab coffee and see if any of the interior designers or architects in my network of contacts might be useful for you.

-m
Pages: [1]   Go Up