Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Location of new Fujifilm profiles  (Read 5596 times)

BruceM

Location of new Fujifilm profiles
« on: January 21, 2015, 10:06:10 pm »

I am using Lightroom 5.7.1, but I believe this question belongs in the Camera Raw forum.

Not long ago, Camera Raw and Lightroom added camera profiles to many existing Fujifilm cameras. These profiles are in addition to the Adobe Standard profile. They have names like Provia, Velvia, Camera Neg, Monochrome, etc.

With Nikon and Canon Cameras, I can find the .dcp files that correspond to extra camera profiles, like Camera Neutral, Camera Landscape, etc. These files are in a specific place in Lightroom. The corresponding .dcp files for the new Fujifilm camera profiles do not exist in the same place. Note that all Adobe Standard profiles are in a slightly different location, and .dcp files for Fujifilm, Canon, Nikon, and other brands are all there as usual.

If I save a Fujifilm RAW file to .DNG and open it in DNG Profile Editor, the new profiles that I can see in Lightroom do not show up in DNG Profile Editor. With Nikon and Canon cameras, I do see all of the appropriate camera profiles from Lightroom in DNG Profile Editor.

The ultimate goal here is to be able to mix and match tone curves and color formulations between the camera profiles that belong to a specific Fujifilm camera. I do this now using dcpTool with Canon and Nikon camera profiles.

What is Adobe doing differently with Fujifilm cameras than they do with Nikon, Canon, and other brand cameras that have multiple camera profiles? If Adobe is still using .dcp files for the new Fuji camera profiles, where can I find them in Lightroom?

AlterEgo

Re: Location of new Fujifilm profiles
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 12:53:35 am »

most probably there are some obligations (may be agreement with Fuji ?) that do not allow Adobe to give end users an easy access to those profiles - hence they are probably 1) hardcoded in ACR/LR and 2) not embedded when you save native raw to .DNG... I am not using Fuji so that's just a guess...

BruceM

Re: Location of new Fujifilm profiles
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 01:03:55 am »

I think that's a good guess, AlterEgo. I left a message on the Adobe forums as well, but have not received an answer there yet. If I find out any more I will post back here. I can live without editing the profiles, but it would be fun for me if I could.
Pages: [1]   Go Up