Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic Lens Rental  (Read 1849 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Panasonic Lens Rental
« on: January 21, 2015, 08:01:11 pm »

I have an opportunity to shoot a $5.5M home and actually get paid something. Not a lot, but enough to make it worth while and put this job into my portfolio. To do this I am probably going to need the Panasonic 7-14 lens. Borrowlens has the lens available for $64 for a week. Are there any other companies I should consider before making arrangements with Borrowlens?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Panasonic Lens Rental
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:08:04 pm »

LensRentals.com

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 09:03:06 pm »

Good tip - $49 for 4 days that's still longer than I need. Thanks.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 12:55:41 pm »

Someone suggested I check Lens Authority. They had the lens for rental, but also had a used one with a 2-year warranty for $730. I decided to purchase it instead of renting it. The lens arrived today. It has a few minor scratches in the gray paint but is otherwise perfect. Looks like I'm all set for super wide angle shooting.

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 06:52:22 pm »

I have the 7-14 and the Nikkon 14-24.

I like the 7-14 better since it is so small, light and doesn't flare as easily as the 14-24.

It's a super lens and when you shoot in raw or jpeg (at least with a Panasonic body), the lens corrections are automatic. I haven't seen much curvilinear distortion for the year I've now used it.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up