Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper profile as ICC for NEC PA272W  (Read 1094 times)

water1

Paper profile as ICC for NEC PA272W
« on: January 20, 2015, 06:36:39 am »

Will be receiving new NEC PA272W-BK-SV in coming days and have question about existing paper profiles. After I calibrate monitor with software / hardware, am I able to use the ICC profiles I've made for a specific paper for the monitor to read? I purchased a few sample packs of the Canson papers and each of them from one to the other are identical in representing color. Given that, after calibration, can I plug in the ICC for the monitor to incorporate? Are there settings in Photoshop that are absolutes to render screen to paper? Thanks

howardm

Re: Paper profile as ICC for NEC PA272W
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 07:45:28 am »

there are 2 answers.

Once the monitor is calibrated w/ Spectraview, all you really need to do is use Photoshop's 'softproofing' function (under View->Proofing Setup I think) and load the paper profile.  That's the standard method.

Or you can grab the 'Multiprofiler' software from necdisplay.com and use that to load the paper profile *directly* into the monitor 3D LUTs w/o going through Photoshop.  This lets the monitor do softproofing w/o needing an application that does softproofing.  I think you can also do this in the monitors PIP mode so you can see the normal image and then the PIP'd softproof

water1

Re: Paper profile as ICC for NEC PA272W
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 07:53:42 am »

Thank you very much. Well explained and that's exactly the answer I had hoped for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up