Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for pressure sensative acid free adhesive up to 60/61"  (Read 1027 times)

aaronchan

Looking for pressure sensative acid free adhesive up to 60/61"
« on: January 18, 2015, 08:47:40 am »

Dear all,

I'm looking for cold adhesive in 61"/60" wide format but so far with no luck.
The widest I could find is 51" from Artgrafix

HA adhesive has 61" but my machine is only a cold laminator.
Anyone knows about any source around the world?

Thanks
Aaron

jferrari

Re: Looking for pressure sensative acid free adhesive up to 60/61"
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 01:03:52 pm »

DryTac's MediaTac Part Number: PSA26P-61164

Available here.    - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

aaronchan

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 01:11:47 pm »

DryTac's MediaTac Part Number: PSA26P-61164

Available here.    - Jim

But is it acid free?
I read the discription and the spec detail, couldn't find any information of the pH rating.

aaron

jferrari

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 09:02:10 pm »

You'll have to contact DryTac and ask them. I have no idea. To me it's kinda like an umbrella in a hail storm. Your print will be bombarded by stray UV, gamma and untold other rays as well as ozone and other harmful gasses, molds, spores, bacterium, insects and dust in the air. Whether or not an inert adhesive is "acid free" or "acid neutral" or "pH balanced" is likely the least of your problems. Just saying...      - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 11:28:46 pm »

The way the Drytac rep explained it to me, the more acidic the adhesive, the better it sticks and the more things it will stick to.  But to his thinking, the real difference was how much solvent there was in the adhesive.  That's all I remember.  Pick your poison.  I have never seen an adhesive mounted photograph look like it was being burned from behind, but I have seen more than one that peeled up and/or bubbled print, although I admit to using questionable mounting techniques.

Lexjet.com has a few 61" adhesives as well.  Very good supplier that ships adhesives out of Kansas.  And I'm sure DTG does too.  And come to think of it, the signage supplier where I buy my Gator from is stocked to the gills with that stuff, and every small city on up has a signage supplier.  Mine is Denco sales.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:30:59 pm by bill t. »

aaronchan

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 11:37:51 pm »

You'll have to contact DryTac and ask them. I have no idea. To me it's kinda like an umbrella in a hail storm. Your print will be bombarded by stray UV, gamma and untold other rays as well as ozone and other harmful gasses, molds, spores, bacterium, insects and dust in the air. Whether or not an inert adhesive is "acid free" or "acid neutral" or "pH balanced" is likely the least of your problems. Just saying...      - Jim

The way the Drytac rep explained it to me, the more acidic the adhesive, the better it sticks and the more things it will stick to.  But to his thinking, the real difference was how much solvent there was in the adhesive.  That's all I remember.  Pick your poison.  I have never seen an adhesive mounted photograph look like it was being burned from behind, but I have seen more than one that peeled up and/or bubbled print, although I admit to using questionable mounting techniques.

Lexjet.com has a few 61" adhesives as well.  Very good supplier that ships adhesives out of Kansas.  And I'm sure DTG does too.  And come to think of it, the signage supplier where I buy my Gator from is stocked to the gills with that stuff, and every small city on up has a signage supplier.  Mine is Denco sales.

The env. has a lot of bad things going on that might harm the prints, but as long as there is a option, I would still like to pick the right tool to do the right thing. Such as why people choose the Digital Back when their price/value is very flat compare to 135 DSLR system.

If that's the case, why should I print on full cotton paper and mount them on acid free foam core?

But still, that's a very good information. Solvent is bad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up