Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WE.WOMEN  (Read 4999 times)

Isaac

WE.WOMEN
« on: January 06, 2015, 04:42:48 pm »

“Media tends to sell the perfect woman image which is one dimensional and usually photoshopped.”

http://neringark.com/projects/photography/we-women/

Justinr

• Ink+images
Re: WE.WOMEN
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 06:18:31 am »

“Media tends to sell the perfect woman image which is one dimensional and usually photoshopped.”

http://neringark.com/projects/photography/we-women/

There is nothing new about any of this and I think we all appreciate the media luvvies live in their own dizzy little world of atheistically pleasing people. Meanwhile, the rest of us just get on with life, occasionally dropping by on planet Planet Media for the odd moment of escapism.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 09:14:33 am »

Nice butts.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 05:31:08 am »

As opposite to male models, whose photographs are never photoshopped...?

amolitor

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 08:18:19 am »

What do you think, Isaac? Feed the conversation, m man. Feed the conversation.

stamper

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 09:04:23 am »

He likes to post links without commenting on them and when someone else does ....he tries to shoot them down. :(

amolitor

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 09:31:28 am »

Isaac seems to style himself some sort of Socrates, leading the ignorant to wisdom by posting enigmatic questions. I disagree.

stamper

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 09:43:17 am »

And what is his "wisdom" ? Is it his photographic skill of which he doesn't post samples. Do you have any examples of his "wisdom" that can enlighten the members?

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 10:02:19 am »

Far be it for me to defend Isaac's often less than enlightening posts on LuLa. But consider the situation Isaac appears to be in. It's pretty clear he's a cripple of some sort. Isaac is very interested in photography, but he doesn't post photographs, which implies strongly that he can't get into a position to make his own. He seems to be widely read in photographic literature, probably a pastime imposed by immobility. It's not hard to imagine that someone fascinated by an artform, but physically unable to attempt it would spend time making waves on a blog such as LuLa in order to say to the world: "Here I am." We probably ought to go easy on this guy. He can be very irritating but sometimes he comes up with something that starts a worthwhile discussion.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 11:16:10 am »

Ouch!

michael

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 01:16:56 pm »

A rude comment simply based on supposition.

Anything further in this vein will be cause for banning.

Bad manners are not tolerated here.

Michael

amolitor

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 01:20:14 pm »

As for the project itself, it strikes me as in the first place a copycat (surely I've seen these things a dozen times over the years?) and also it does a terrible job.

They've photographed, basically, a bunch of really very nice looking white women, and one (perhaps) asian woman who's moderately overweight. Photographing a bunch of white hotties in their underthings doesn't exactly subvert the patriarchy.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 01:55:02 pm »

... We probably ought to go easy on this guy. He can be very irritating but sometimes he comes up with something that starts a worthwhile discussion.

With that part I do agree, Russ.

In all fairness, although Isaac is like an acquired taste, he is also one of the very few members who can withstand all the crap, insults, ridiculing, teasing, etc. we occasionally throw at him, with incredible patience and grace, rarely, if ever, returning the favor.

Gulag

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 04:15:11 pm »

Jean Baudrillard said back in the 80s what we have is the disappearance of humans.

http://www.discoveryfitandhealth.com/sexual-health/videos/realistic-sex-robot.htm
"Photography is our exorcism. Primitive society had its masks, bourgeois society its mirrors. We have our images."

— Jean Baudrillard

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 04:38:50 am »

As for the project itself, it strikes me as in the first place a copycat (surely I've seen these things a dozen times over the years?) and also it does a terrible job.

They've photographed, basically, a bunch of really very nice looking white women, and one (perhaps) asian woman who's moderately overweight. Photographing a bunch of white hotties in their underthings doesn't exactly subvert the patriarchy.

It's true, the non Caucasian women just happens to be the least threatened by malnutrition, so what sort of message is that the photographer is sending out? I note too that Ms Rekasiute is not unpleasing to the eye with or without the benefit of PS. I doubt that there are too many unattractive people in her life and she certainly hasn't invited many into her studio, but the fear is, she thinks she has!
Pages: [1]   Go Up