Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wimberley Head company trade in deal  (Read 3917 times)

roli_bark

Wimberley Head company trade in deal
« on: December 26, 2005, 07:59:26 am »

Company news quote (see trade in deal offer at bottom):

=============================================

The new Wimberley Head, which has a built-in Arca-Swiss style quick-release, costs only $30 more than the quick-release version of its predecessor, the WH-101 ($595 vs. $565).  It offers the same stiffness, capacity, and fluid movement of the old version in a more compact and lightweight package (it is one pound lighter and about two inches shorter).  The head’s redesigned panning base has zero play, and the pan locking knob has been moved to the side of the head, thus allowing the user to easily operate both knobs with the same hand. New lobed “soft-touch” knobs provide a more comfortable grip and perform better when using gloves.

In addition to the above improvements, we examined all aspects of the head, tightening tolerances, improving friction materials and so forth.  Our goal has been to make this head functionally and aesthetically better in every way than the old version and competing products.

The dovetail on the swinging arm of the new Wimberley Head, which allows you to adjust the platform up and down, has the Arca-Swiss geometry.  This was not true of the old version of the head. Thus, the dedicated flash bracket module for the old Wimberley Head (Module 5) will not work on the new head unless you use a special adapter, the FA-9 ($28).  We apologize for this inconvenience. The new head will have its own dedicated flash bracket module, the Module 9 ($110).  We will have the adapter and new module available with the new head in December.

If you are interested in trading in your Old Wimberley Head or Module 5, please contact us at orders@tripodhead.com.

========================================

michael

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 08:52:15 am »

I normally wouldn't allow a posting such as this, but this is a fine product, and the information will be of value to some people.

Michael

roli_bark

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 10:09:51 am »

I normally wouldn't allow a posting such as this, but this is a fine product, and the information will be of value to some people.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=54317\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A disclaimer: I am not, by no means, neither business-wise, nor personally, affiliated to the makers of the Wimberley Head.

I have gotten the above copy by email, thru their regular newsletter subscription.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 10:11:22 am by roli_bark »

MerlinMc

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 01:46:46 am »

When is the new head going to ship?  I ordered mine over two months ago from Anacortes.    

roli_bark

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 03:09:26 am »

When is the new head going to ship?  I ordered mine over two months ago from Anacortes.   
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55458\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

According to Wimberley marketting people - by late January to selected customers, and latter on [?] on mass. I was also told by their SALEs that they will do an effort to ship few to selected dealers as earlier as possible.

Here's a Wimberley sales contact person:
andrea@tripodhead.com
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 03:12:21 am by roli_bark »
Pages: [1]   Go Up