Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "DNG Recover Edges" - how?  (Read 5174 times)

Grys

"DNG Recover Edges" - how?
« on: December 26, 2005, 05:48:11 am »

I've tried to use "DNG Recover Edges" on two different PCs (Windows) but after the checkbox "To use DNG Recover Edges utility, drag and drop DNG files onto the application icon and they will be modified to recover all possible edge pixels" the application closes. Where exactly can I drop my DNG files? This checkbox doesn't accept any drag & drop things and there is nothing followed by this checkbox?!
Hrrrm...maybe I'm just too dumb for it...

francois

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 07:22:41 am »

I've tried to use "DNG Recover Edges" on two different PCs (Windows) but after the checkbox "To use DNG Recover Edges utility, drag and drop DNG files onto the application icon and they will be modified to recover all possible edge pixels" the application closes. Where exactly can I drop my DNG files? This checkbox doesn't accept any drag & drop things and there is nothing followed by this checkbox?!
Hrrrm...maybe I'm just too dumb for it...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=54310\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
First take your RAW files (CR2, NEF, ORF or any other supported format) and convert them to the DNG format using Adobe DNG Converter application. This should create .dng files. The second step is to drag those files on the DNG Recover Edges application. This step won't create new files but will modify your previously generated .dng files. Upon completion, a dialog box will inform you about the number of "recovered" pixels.

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 07:28:01 am by francois »
Francois

Grys

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 09:19:46 am »

Thanks a lot. Well, the problem is that this application window doesn't even appear on my screen. I get that message and then the program closes. Strange thing...  

francois

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 10:34:13 am »

Thanks a lot. Well, the problem is that this application window doesn't even appear on my screen. I get that message and then the program closes. Strange thing... 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=54319\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It does the same on my Mac. But if you drag several files, the DNG Recover Edges app will process them and show how many pixels you recovered and then quits.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 10:34:38 am by francois »
Francois

Grys

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 11:48:02 am »

It does the same on my Mac. But if you drag several files, the DNG Recover Edges app will process them and show how many pixels you recovered and then quits.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=54323\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't see anything I could drop those dragged files on to. Pretty pitty...just hope that this "technology" will find it's way into camera raw one day...

francois

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 12:01:02 pm »

I don't see anything I could drop those dragged files on to. Pretty pitty...just hope that this "technology" will find it's way into camera raw one day...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=54412\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You have to drag your DNG files on the DNG Recover Edges  application icon...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 12:01:48 pm by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up