Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Bug or a flaw in my particular install  (Read 4397 times)

Derek Kemp

A Bug or a flaw in my particular install
« on: December 19, 2014, 02:38:23 pm »

Although, it could be my error:
I just finished a new computer build. Therefore, a new install of PS CC2014. OS is Windows 8.1.
When I open Camera Raw, start processing a picture: If I try to use the "Adjustment Brush", regardless of the diameter I choose, the area that is "adjusted" is not under the selected area shown by the circles. It is about a full diameter away from the shown centre, at about a 45 degree angle down and to the right (like, about 4 o'clock).
I also notice that the "Spot Removal" tool is doing the exact same thing. All other tools seem to be ok.
If I reduce the size down far enough, at some point the circles turn into a double lined cross. At that point, the selected centre is correct,  but if I increase the size, as soon as the circles, denoting the selected area, become visible again, this anomaly occurs.
I've never heard of this before and my previous installs of PS have all been ok.
Has any one else encountered this? Is it me or a bug or my install?
Thanks for any help on this.
Derek.

Derek Kemp

Re: A Bug or a flaw in my particular install
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 08:07:26 pm »

H'mmm . . No one wants to take a stab at this one?
I must assume by the intense silence that this must be a faulty install. Perhaps an un-install and re-install is in order.
D.

Royce Howland

• Vivid Aspect Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 09:00:20 pm »

Perhaps a video driver / GPU issue. Is your video driver fully up to date? If it is, does turning off the "Use Graphics Processor" checkbox in Edit > Preferences > Performance affect the issue?

Derek Kemp

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:21:02 pm »

Thanks for your input Royce.
The driver has been replaced now, and I tried the the other suggestions but none of these have had any effect.
This is really quite bizarre.

Derek Kemp

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 03:22:34 pm »

It does appear to be a Bug. I am not the only one to have experienced it.

Adjusted area for the Adjustment Brush and the Spot Removal Tool is not the same as the selected area.

Problem seems to have started with ver. 8.7

Just how prevalent this is remains to be seen.

Feedback? . . .Anyone?

D.

Derek Kemp

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 01:21:12 pm »

The culprit has been found!

For anyone following this problem:  It seems that increasing the font size option on the Desktop customization causes the problem, at least in Windows 7 & 8. It needs to be at "100%", no higher, (W7)  or  no higher than the second slider position on W8/W8.1

I can't take credit for finding this, but just extremely pleased that it is found.
I am very curious as to Why this occurs. However I'm sure it will take someone with deep understanding of the nuts and bolts of PS to explain that.

Derek.
Pages: [1]   Go Up