Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dificulties chhosing paper in 4800 driver / OSX  (Read 3732 times)

bjornaagedk

dificulties chhosing paper in 4800 driver / OSX
« on: December 19, 2005, 03:02:11 pm »

I find the driver (OS X) for Epson 4800 a bit tricky!
Why can't I just choose paper and resolution as I want? When I try to print a ordinary RGB TIF with embedded Adobe RGB (1998) I can only choose about half of the paper types in the printer settings menu. The rest are greyed.

WHY?

F.ex. I want to print a sheet of Premium Semiglossy Paper from the paper tray, but I am not able to select that paper type!

How is this driver functioning?

BS

Paul Sumi

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 03:19:20 pm »

I find the driver (OS X) for Epson 4800 a bit tricky!
Why can't I just choose paper and resolution as I want? When I try to print a ordinary RGB TIF with embedded Adobe RGB (1998) I can only choose about half of the paper types in the printer settings menu. The rest are greyed.

WHY?

F.ex. I want to print a sheet of Premium Semiglossy Paper from the paper tray, but I am not able to select that paper type!

How is this driver functioning?

BS
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=53906\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't have a 4800 (I have the 2400), but is the correct black cartridge (Photo Black) installed? The printer will not let you choose a glossy/luster paper if the Matte Black cartridge is installed.  I presume the printer considers semi-glossy as glossy.

Paul
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 03:20:37 pm by PaulS »

bjornaagedk

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 03:47:46 pm »

I don't have a 4800 (I have the 2400), but is the correct black cartridge (Photo Black) installed? The printer will not let you choose a glossy/luster paper if the Matte Black cartridge is installed.  I presume the printer considers semi-glossy as glossy.

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=53908\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Paul,

When I choose roll paper, I can select which paper type I want.
As soon as I switch to sheet paper, I can only choose "Glossy paper" or "Semimatte Paper".
But my loaded sheet paper is Premium Semiglossy PhotoPaper and this option is grayed.

And yes, I have the normal K3 ink set with Photo Black installed.

Bjorn
Pages: [1]   Go Up