Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 645DF+ strange sound in live view  (Read 681 times)

gebseng

645DF+ strange sound in live view
« on: December 07, 2014, 05:38:46 am »

Hie everyone at GetDPI,

When I switch on Live View on my Credo 40 back (with 645DF+ body and the MAMIYA SEKOR AF 80 MM F2.8 D (non-LS) lens, the front of the body produces a strange and loud noise, which only disappears if I slightly move the "remove lens" lever.
The second issue: After I finish live view, the lens aperture is always f22, no matter what it used to be before live view (but during live view, it fully opens to f2.8)
The Credo 40 was bough 1yr ago, the 645DF+ about 6 months.

I first contacted my dealer, who had no idea about the issue. Then I opened a support case with Phase One, their answer was
"This is a known issue in current DF+ firmware when working with focalplane shutter lenses. We are currently working on a firmware update to solve it. Final release date is not yet known."

Does that sound right to you? It basically means that Live View on the DF+ is broken with the standard 80mm lens attached. The camera and lens have been around for many years, so I doubt that this will be resolved anytime soon.
I'm also worried that this might damage the lens or body, since I don't know where that noise is coming from.

I would be thankful for your ideas, has anyone else also experienced this issue?

A video to show this behaviour can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kot7g816v1vo6zs/IMG_6870.MOV?dl=0

best,

geb

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: 645DF+ strange sound in live view
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 11:39:19 am »

That's an interesting issue. Does it only happen with the 80mm.  I wonder if I f it happens with IQ250 and the 80mm?  That combo would be the best live view capable solution as CCD live live just has a way to slow frame rate.

If it occurs with the IQ250, you can expect a quick fix.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

gebseng

Re: 645DF+ strange sound in live view
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 11:40:28 am »

They say it only happens with non-LS lenses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up