Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First camera  (Read 540 times)

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
First camera
« on: November 23, 2014, 04:52:43 pm »

Here is my first camera. Technically it was my father's camera but I got to use it and it was the only camera I had for quite some time. In a pretty poor condition now but I don't know anybody to really fix it (fungus/rust on the mirror at least, etc).
Zenit-E, 58mm F2 (8 blades). Had a meter I've never used (thank goodness for the flexibility of the film).


You're welcome to add yours.


PS. focus stacking from X-T1 with 60mm macro in Photoshop; tried some focus stacking from the D750 with the 70-200 F4 but I prefer the Fuji result here

geezerhood

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 91
Re: First camera
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 05:12:07 pm »

Nice image, nifty old camera.

I can't imagine my son still holding on to the Sony RX100 he recently got from me, 40 years from now. It is interesting how we tend to keep old mechanical cameras and enjoy just "having them" in addition to still being able to use some of them.  I still have my great grandfather's, grandfather's and fathers old cameras and will pass them down to the next generation when I die.

Yet I have zero interest in keeping any of my old digital cameras, cell phones or computers. I usually throw or give them away when they are replaced by a better one as they are usually not worth the trouble of trying to sell them by the time I no longer want them.  I am sure even the digital stuff will have collector value eventually, just not to me.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:28:30 pm by geezerhood »
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up