Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zion in February?  (Read 1275 times)

richarddd

• flickr photostream
Zion in February?
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:46:20 pm »

We were thinking of going to Zion in early February.  Would this be a good time?  How does four or five nights sound?

We'd be flying into Las Vegas and renting a car.

sierraman

Re: Zion in February?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:32:05 pm »

We were thinking of going to Zion in early February.  Would this be a good time?  How does four or five nights sound?

We'd be flying into Las Vegas and renting a car.
For me, Zion is fun to photograph anytime of year. It will be cold and the most of the foliage will still be in a deep winters sleep. You will only need a day or two in Zion to see the more popular areas. It's a fairly easy drive from Zion to Bryce Canyon where you can spend the other day(s). I think Bryce is a better February photo location and Zion might be better in the Summer/Fall. The good news is Winter is the least crowded time of year so you don't have to use the shuttle system to get around.  :)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:03:18 pm by sierraman »

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
Re: Zion in February?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 01:33:01 am »

If you catch it right and there's fresh snow on the ground, you'll love it.  You could easily spend a week in Zion at any time of year and never get bored.  Having said that, Bryce is close and I'd probably shoot for 3 days at Zion and 2 days at Bryce.  Either way, you'll have a great time.

On another note, we'll be launching eFotoGuide: Zion National Park soon.  This ebook is a comprehensive guide to photographing the park, including everything you need to know to photograph over 20 locations in and around Zion NP.  More ebooks covering other parks and popular areas will be released over the coming months.  If you're interested, here's a link to our website: eFotoGuide
Pages: [1]   Go Up