Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mystery message in the world of Sigma  (Read 9036 times)

dumainew

Mystery message in the world of Sigma
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:27:22 pm »

I get this message while using the latest version of the Sigma Program for raw files from a Quattro 2.  It says, "Developer Tools Access to debug must continue'. The it asks for my password. Am wondering what's going on here. Has anyone else encountered this ?
Thanks for reading.
Richard

xocet

Re: Mystery message in the world of Sigma
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 05:57:09 pm »

I've not seen that message myself, but I presume that the application has crashed, and is then trying to invoke a debugger (program). Debuggers often need elevated (admin/root), hence you are seeing the prompt to enter your password. You don't usually see this with released code, but it may be some cruft left over from bug fixing. 

dumainew

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 10:32:04 am »

Thanks for the information . I guess it is a crash. It's been a puzzling situation. Am glad to have your explanation. What do you think I should do next ? Contact Sigma and ask for help ? Find out how to get rid of the 'cruft' ?
Thanks again.
Richard

xocet

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 03:35:03 pm »

I'd log a bug with their support centre, if you can.

Other than that, keep an eye out for updates to SPP, and make sure your OS and other utilities are up to date. There's not much more you can do, other than uninstalling, and trying a slightly older version.

dumainew

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 12:52:17 pm »

Thanks again for your help. I contacted Sigma via email. And am waiting for a response. Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up