Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise Reduction solutions using Aperture?  (Read 11588 times)

johnkraus

• http://www.johnkrausphotography.com
Noise Reduction solutions using Aperture?
« on: November 19, 2014, 11:22:37 am »

I'm an Aperture Diehard. Though NR is way behind other software. And I wish Aperture applied lens corrections.

Any solutions out there for Noise Reduction using Aperture and images with high ISO? Only option at moment is creating a batch process in PS using Noise Ninja, Dfine 2 or similar.

Richard Marcellus

Re: Noise Reduction solutions using Aperture?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 08:38:22 pm »

I am not aware of any solution that works non destructively and automatically on the raw file. I use the Nik Dfine plugin for Aperture, but because that requires conversion to a .tif, I only do it for my final selects.

With Apple's decision to stop development of Aperture, I switched to C1Pro 8 and I have been impressed with the noise control with my older camera.

Richard

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 10:31:48 pm »

I, too, use (and have since it came out under Nik) Google's Nik Dfine.  The default settings have been all I've ever needed (I don't have any professional use of noisy files).

Aperture is not as helpless in NR as it first seems.  The default settings are (by design) conservative (and negligible).  There are three things to try in Aperture:
 - use the NR control in the RAW Fine Tuning Adjustment Brick
 - change the settings in the NR Adjustment Brick
 - add a second (and third) NR Adjustment Brick with custom settings and a custom mask (created using the Brush).

None at that is as convenient as round-tripping through Dfine (or other good tools), but there really is much more available within Aperture than I ever see mentioned.

Ambreen_Kiran

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 01:32:57 am »

I take a ton of sports pictures in high ISO and about the only thing I miss from LR once I switch to Aperture a year ago was LR high ISO gave me great results. With aperture I have been exporting my finished pics and running them though the standalone noise ninja program in batch mode. Wondering is any better solution for those coin ga lot of files where opening photoshop too tedious.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 02:51:38 am »

Before anyone replies.....

See this Flickr post Flickr post from 2011.
Pages: [1]   Go Up