Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Metz Flash Is Compatable With Hasselblad H3D2  (Read 1562 times)

rollsman44

Which Metz Flash Is Compatable With Hasselblad H3D2
« on: November 18, 2014, 01:27:15 pm »

I want to but a Flash to use on my Hassy H3D2-31 camera.  I tried a Nikon SB-24 an older flash and it says error. Is there any Shoe Mount Flashes I can use on my camera?  Thank you,  rollsman44

deejjjaaaa

Re: Which Metz Flash Is Compatable With Hasselblad H3D2
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 02:02:20 pm »

s there any Shoe Mount Flashes I can use on my camera? 

around page 107-108 in that camera's manual, right ?

rollsman44

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 03:21:57 pm »

Yes. pg 108  Thank you.  I just want to use a Manual Flash on camera and NO TTL   I have seen so suggestions:: Metz 54-4 or 54  MZ-4i which I believe is a TTL flash unit.
    Do you have any suggestions as to a model number or Brand other than what I mentioned?   Thank you kindly

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 04:00:59 pm »

Yes. pg 108  Thank you.  I just want to use a Manual Flash on camera and NO TTL   I have seen so suggestions:: Metz 54-4 or 54  MZ-4i which I believe is a TTL flash unit.
    Do you have any suggestions as to a model number or Brand other than what I mentioned?   Thank you kindly

if you don't need TTL then you don't need Metz stuff... if your flash does not fire just off central pin, then get a flash that can be mounted in camera's hot shoe and fired through a cord (camera has a PC connector for non TTL-flash synchronisation, right ? so get some cheap made in China flash with PC/2.5/3.5/whatever - unless you want an output like Quantums, then buy them)... if camera for whatever reason refuses to operate properly with flash mounted in its hot shoe (we are not talking about some flashes with unsafe voltages, right) - isolate contacts with some tape (for example).

Jonathan Ratzlaff

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 11:49:34 pm »

Too many pins.  If you tape up all but the centre it should work in manual mode

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 05:20:18 pm »

If you are shooting manual then put a trigger on it (like a Skyport) or just use the Flash Out port and you can use any flash.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up