Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zion National Park  (Read 4660 times)

sierraman

Zion National Park
« on: November 16, 2014, 03:36:22 pm »

A couple of images from last week at Zion N.P. The first image is from the very popular bridge looking south towards The Watchman. The second image is from the same bridge looking north (maybe not as interesting a view but I was the only one on that side). The last is the Virgin River at the last shuttle stop. The images really just don't do justice to how beautiful Zion really is.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Zion National Park
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 04:24:29 pm »

A couple of images from last week at Zion N.P. The first image is from the very popular bridge looking south towards The Watchman. The second image is from the same bridge looking north (maybe not as interesting a view but I was the only one on that side). The last is the Virgin River at the last shuttle stop. The images really just don't do justice to how beautiful Zion really is.

They go a fair way in that direction, though! I rather prefer the second to the first.

Jeremy

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 08:37:38 pm »

Spectacular location and images. Nicely done. Just a couple of nit-picks...

The colours seem overly saturated, especially of the leaves - they seem out of balance with the sky, almost as if the leaves are saturated more than the sky, to the brightness of leaves glowing by sunshine, yet there is no direct sunlight. Also...
#1 seems slightly "sky-heavy"
#2 - do you have one from further left, which would put the stream on more of a diagonal?

I do enjoy the photographs, though.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

sierraman

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 09:10:37 pm »

I sometimes have trouble trying to blend the light sky with the darker foreground and the colors come out a little saturated. The trees in Zion this time of year can be extremely "Luminous" so it doesn't take much to make images look over-done. Thanks guys for looking.  :)

Praki

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 03:23:00 pm »

Very nice images. I agree that a tad less saturation (especially for the monitor as opposed to a print) would make them outstanding. Looks like mid-Nov. is not too late for fall color at Zion ... I would have thought that mid-Oct would have been more likely. Have you visited there before and went back because the colors would peak in Nov.?
Thanks,
Praki.

sierraman

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 06:15:14 pm »

Very nice images. I agree that a tad less saturation (especially for the monitor as opposed to a print) would make them outstanding. Looks like mid-Nov. is not too late for fall color at Zion ... I would have thought that mid-Oct would have been more likely. Have you visited there before and went back because the colors would peak in Nov.?
Thanks,
Praki.

Since the main canyon in Zion sits at a lower elevation (around 4,000 feet), the colors are best around the first week of November. This year its been warm enough for the colors to continue well into November.  :)

jsiva

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 10:18:46 am »

Couple from first week in November...

justiny

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 11:10:08 am »

Hi

I will visit Zion in two weeks. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

Justin
Pages: [1]   Go Up