Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bad experience  (Read 2700 times)

Guillaumeperret

• Guillaume Perret photography
bad experience
« on: November 06, 2014, 07:52:49 am »

Hi everyone,
Just to inform you that I have ordered and paid for a camera to Steve Icanberry (Alpenhause) in early June 2014.
Since I sent about 10 emails to get news when the delivery of the camera. Often no response. There four months, he told me that the camera would be sent at the end of the week. Nothing.
I ask news and I am insulted.

After a final time, I opened now a legal procedure.
It is expensive and it takes time. Although the costs will be in charge Steve Icanberry (Alpenhause), I would prefer to avoid this situation.

Be careful to your money if you buy something with this dishonest person.

Guillaume
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:17:02 am by Guillaumeperret »

DanielStone

Re: bad experience
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:01:32 pm »

I'm sorry to hear about this.
I've purchased two of his Polaroid conversions in the past, and was very much impressed with his craftsmanship. NOT a Littman, but a functional camera. I know that he has a blatant distrust of PayPal, as he mentioned to me that he has had a few people(in particularly from overseas, he said) try and "pull a fast one" in the past. So he prefers bank/wire transfers from what I've come to understand. I was able to pick up both of mine in-person, as he's within driving distance of me, so I can't attest to doing business only via e-mail, but I know he's sent quite a few cameras around the world to happy customers.

Hope everything can get worked out  :-\

-Dan

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: bad experience
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 11:54:42 am »

There has been flurry of 'Report to Moderator' messages surrounding this 'discussion'. (Now rather elderly)

At this distance, it is very hard to know or even guess who might be at fault.

Topic is locked

May I suggest that the only way to guess the motives of the various accusers is to look at that track record of each of the posters involved and draw your own conclusions on how they use the forum.

I also note that Alpenhause has apparently removed most of his posts including the three For Sale threads to which I had appended this post

CAVEAT EMPTOR!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:04:22 pm by Chris Sanderson »
Pages: [1]   Go Up