Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lexar compct flash  (Read 3059 times)

xstudio

Lexar compct flash
« on: December 03, 2005, 05:50:45 pm »

Anyone send your Lexar CF card for firmware update?
It has been almost 1 month since Lexar got my memory card, had made telephone
call they said ship out in few days, nothing, email them, again said ship out 3 to 7 days,
nothing came. Email again this time said wating for shipping out, what?
They stated that they will send back the card with in 5 to 7 working day. Ihave been waiting a month shuffling around other memory card is big inconvenience.
Same problem out there?

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
Lexar compct flash
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 07:38:44 pm »

Sorry about the sour grapes, but I think you would be well advised to walk away from Lexar altogether.

I had two of these cards go belly up on me ruining my work-in-progress.

There is no firmware update in the world that would regain my confidence in something worth little more than $100.

Move on.

Go Sandisk and don't look back.
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

lester_wareham

• http://www.zen20934.zen.co.uk/
Lexar compct flash
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 07:22:59 am »

When they did the recall on the 1Gb cards I sent one of the two I have in and was glad I did. It seems they send out the recall before they have tested the fix so they can just process the lot in one go or something. It took about a month to get it back. The second card was sent when the first was returned, that was back in a reasonable time, about a week from memory.

The next card I got was Sandisk.....  

I am in the UK BTW.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 07:23:58 am by lester_wareham »

Piece

Lexar compct flash
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 10:05:14 pm »

Can someone go further into why one should use Sandisk over Lexar?  I have Lexar and am happy with it, but I can't say I've been around the block equipment wise.  I'm open to criticism of Lexar, I'm not one of those crazy people who get dead set on one brand and decide since one experience was fine that the brand is the greatest.

Sheldon N

Lexar compct flash
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 11:47:22 pm »

Can someone go further into why one should use Sandisk over Lexar?  I have Lexar and am happy with it, but I can't say I've been around the block equipment wise.  I'm open to criticism of Lexar, I'm not one of those crazy people who get dead set on one brand and decide since one experience was fine that the brand is the greatest.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=53269\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think it boils down to experience with the brand. I just shot a wedding with a couple 10D's, a couple Sandisk Ultra II 2GB cards, and a Lexar 80X WA 2GB card. Both Sandisks worked like a champ, but the Lexar started corrupting photos about 1/3 of the way into the card. Luckily I only lost 20-30 photos out of 800, but that's still unacceptable.

Needless to say I won't be using Lexar anymore.
Sheldon Nalos
[url=http://www.flickr.com

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
Lexar compct flash
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 08:02:17 pm »

To my experience, Sandisk has better reliability than Lexar. Everytime I discuss this with anyone who offers an objective opinion, they agree.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 08:02:48 pm by boku »
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

Piece

Lexar compct flash
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 09:47:09 pm »

good to know...I started buying Lexar cards because it's all I've ever used.  I was aware another good brand was Sandisk but didn't feel the need to switch.  I'll slowly move to Sandisk unless something drastic happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up