Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo ColorNavigator - screen brightens when opening?  (Read 1420 times)

andy sl

Eizo ColorNavigator - screen brightens when opening?
« on: October 29, 2014, 12:11:18 pm »

I am using the following:
Eizo CG2765
MacPro
OSX 10.9
ColorNavigator 6

I have installed ColorNavigator and made a custom 'Target'. It seems ok, but when I close ColorNavigator the screen darkens.
In my Mac Display settings, the monitor is set to the Profile the software has created, but when I open ColorNavigator the screen brightens again.

Anyone else have this happen, is it meant to?

D Fosse

Re: Eizo ColorNavigator - screen brightens when opening?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 05:42:22 pm »

No, this is certainly not supposed to happen.

The currently active calibration target should be loaded into the monitor LUT and stay there, until you change it by picking another one from the list (you can have several different targets). At the same time the corresponding profile is loaded at system level. None of those should change until you change them.

The calibration LUT loaded into the monitor, and the icc display profile loaded by the OS, obviously need to correspond and you can't change one without invalidating the other. So the fact that the OS loads the correct profile isn't much help if the monitor's response is different from what the profile describes.

I have never heard of this happening before, but it sounds to me that the problem is in the communication between software and display. Reset Colornavigator to defaults, it's under Advanced > Standard mode calibration > Reset to defaults. Check the USB connection, wipe all previous targets and create a new one from scratch.

D Fosse

Re: Eizo ColorNavigator - screen brightens when opening?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:47:40 am »

Just an additional thought: do you have any other calibration software installed that could interfere? You can keep them installed, but make sure they don't run at startup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up