Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need advice prior to my digital medium format adventure  (Read 1429 times)

Wolven

Need advice prior to my digital medium format adventure
« on: October 14, 2014, 08:19:46 pm »

Hello folks!

I am a long time lurker, first time poster/amateur who does landscape photography purely for the love of it. Been shooting for 4 years and have quite a long distance to go.

I'm a huge fan of work by Joe Cornish who uses a Linhof Techno (if I can remember correctly) for some precision tilt/shift work.

I currently use a D600 with a 24mm PC-E lens for most of my landscape photography and complement it with a 200mm F4 Micro Nikkor and a nifty fifty.

The 35mm system doesn't offer a lot more for me at this stage and I truly want to start looking at digital medium format.

I'm on a budget when considering the high RRP for medium format in general so I'll end up buying second hand products most of the time.

What would your recommendation be for someone like me? I'm in no hurry to get started and would like some sound knowledge before proceeding.

Some attractive options (for various reasons) seem to be the older Phase One backs with some cheaper alternative to either a Linhof Techno or one of the Alpa 12 line of cameras with a tilt-shift adapter

Then there is the Pentax 645z with Hartblei TS purely attractive from a, high value for money, perspective...

Am I completely off the mark? Please advise.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:47:25 pm by Wolven »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Need advice prior to my digital medium format adventure
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:28:39 pm »

You might consider moving this to the medium format section on this site. Lots of good regulars there can add a lot and dealers will also be able to help.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Wolven

Re: Need advice prior to my digital medium format adventure
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 10:21:23 pm »

Many thanks, Paul.

I'll create a similar post there as well.

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up