Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phatte Black and ColorByte  (Read 4386 times)

rasmus.cal

Phatte Black and ColorByte
« on: November 26, 2005, 10:54:34 am »

The Phatte Black is a very interesting and useful devel0pment for people who can afford a 'wide carraige printer'.  Being among most people who don't need or can't afford a wide carraige printer, I have some questions that I would like to hear comments about.  1)  I would like to know if Colorbyte plan on introducing a Phatte Black system or some other modificaation so that the R2400 printer can take advantage of such a system.  2) Will anyone be introducing this system together with a CFS ink system - then one can keep their ink costs within a much more reasonable and affordable level.  3) It seems to me that Colorbyte should consider a much lower price for their system (software) - or perhaps a 'lite'one.
Obviously we would all like to take advantage of these new developments, but many people can't justify some of the costs or are unable to 'write-off' the costs.
I would appreciate some comments on these questions, and other info as well.
Roy.

michael

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 11:56:45 am »

Since the ink lines on the 2400 are very short, there isn't that much ink lost when changing carts. Probably not more than a few dollars worth.

Also, as noted at the bottom of my article, the incremental cost of rechipping the small 2400 carts would be prohibitive.

Michael

eleanorbrown

• Eleanor Brown Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 12:28:31 pm »

Hi Roy, I have the 2400 (and use the epson driver) and as Michael mentioned, changing inks is not really an issue...not much ink lost, and is easy and very quick.  I have also found epson's driver for both color and black and white very good with the K3 inks, tho not as easy to use as IP.  With that said, i have been using IP6.1 with Phatte black system on my 7800 for about two weeks now,  and have found it to be invaluable and a huge saver of ink since there are no ink switches needed when going from matte black to photo black.  quality is excellent, tho with my monotone prints using the DK  photoblack profiles-- there is definitely bronzing where i didn't have any bronzing using the three blacks.  a quick spray of Premier Art spray solves this problem on luster paper (eliminating the monotone bronzing).  I have also tried the Pictorico high gloss film with the IP DK profiles and my prints really jump off the page.  these really don't need to be sprayed as bronzing is insignificant even with monotone.  good luck, eleanor

The Phatte Black is a very interesting and useful devel0pment for people who can afford a 'wide carraige printer'.  Being among most people who don't need or can't afford a wide carraige printer, I have some questions that I would like to hear comments about.  1)  I would like to know if Colorbyte plan on introducing a Phatte Black system or some other modificaation so that the R2400 printer can take advantage of such a system.  2) Will anyone be introducing this system together with a CFS ink system - then one can keep their ink costs within a much more reasonable and affordable level.  3) It seems to me that Colorbyte should consider a much lower price for their system (software) - or perhaps a 'lite'one.
Obviously we would all like to take advantage of these new developments, but many people can't justify some of the costs or are unable to 'write-off' the costs.
I would appreciate some comments on these questions, and other info as well.
Roy.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=52208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Eleanor Brown
[url=http://www.eleanorbro
Pages: [1]   Go Up