Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H5D-50c/ms/200ms questions  (Read 8572 times)

Theodoros

Hasselblad H5D-50c/ms/200ms questions
« on: October 12, 2014, 04:43:45 pm »

The new version of H5D-50c camera offers Wi-fi ability, but it can also except a film back, just like H5x.

I am interested to know the following...

1. Is Wi-Fi and film back ability offered with 50ms and 200ms too?
2. Can one convert the new version of H5D-50c body to an H5x?
3. Does the ability to take film back suggest that the body can be used with other third party backs just like the H5x body can?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:43:33 pm by Theodoros »

Theodoros

Re: Hasselblad H5D-50c/ms/200ms questions
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 10:00:59 am »

Reason for asking, is that because Contax 645 prices (of which I have a huge system) keep rising and because H-system lenses have the same compatibility with Leica S (007), I seriously consider to replace my C645 system for a brand new H5D-200ms-c... But I plan to keep my Imacon 528c back as well, so it must be usable with the system I will choose (if it will be an H system)... My intension is to shrink my system as much as possible, while improving task ability at the same time... I plan to replace my Nikon DSLR system with a Leica S (007) and use MF system lenses on the Leica (either H645 or C645)... But a modern MS back is essential too... The back, will either be H-200MS or Sinarback e-Xact... If it will be the Sinarback, the MF system will remain the C-645 as is... 200ms-c will be considered depending on the answers posted on the O/P questions... 

Theodoros

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 12:05:45 pm »

It seems that none cares to answer questions concerning Hasselblad products... People should buy them without asking....

Ken R

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 01:29:33 pm »

It seems that none cares to answer questions concerning Hasselblad products... People should buy them without asking....

A few of us here own Hasselblad H cameras (I use an H1 with a IQ160) but most here do not.

Ken R

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 01:33:50 pm »

The new version of H5D-50c camera offers Wi-fi ability, but it can also except a film back, just like H5x.

I am interested to know the following...

1. Is Wi-Fi and film back ability offered with 50ms and 200ms too? I am not sure and could not find any info on this
2. Can one convert the new version of H5D-50c body to an H5x? I am almost 100% sure that you cannot. they are different products.
3. Does the ability to take film back suggest that the body can be used with other third party backs just like the H5x body can? Again, I am almost 100% sure that you cannot. The H5D cameras are different products with different firmware and the H5x possibly has differences in hardware inside to make it work with third party backs.

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 02:31:46 pm »

I would suggest asking an official Hasselblad dealer if you are serious about buying the system rather than posting it on a forum.

NickT

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 03:20:25 pm »

Theodoros
I think the reason people are not replying is that they expect you to launch into yet another rant about what Hasselblad should or shouldn't be doing for it's customers.

Just a thought.

Theodoros

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 04:15:27 pm »

I would suggest asking an official Hasselblad dealer if you are serious about buying the system rather than posting it on a forum.
Ι did... the dealer here can't reply... He is only trying to convince me on how superior products are than buying P1... I'm trying to explain to him that P1 products are not in my list of purchase (nor they'll ever be), but I'm only trying to buy a new MS back and a modern body to fit both the new back and my 528c on... But he insists that H is better than P1... (sometimes it feels like "talking to the taxman about poetry")! He simply has no answers! You ask him for one thing... and he replies for a totally different subject (that was never the Q)!

Theodoros

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 04:19:44 pm »

Theodoros
I think the reason people are not replying is that they expect you to launch into yet another rant about what Hasselblad should or shouldn't be doing for it's customers.

Just a thought.
Can you reply? ...thanks for posting!

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

NickT

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 04:49:33 pm »

Theodoros

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 04:54:25 pm »

Very interesting... still buying a Leica (for single-shot) on March... thanks for posting your "opinion"!

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 11:04:35 pm »

When I wanted some clarification on leaf products, I asked the concerned people directly. I suggest that you use the official contact form to get in with Hasselblad rather than asking them on forums. Neither the company, nor its dealers are under any obligation to post in forums and whoever that is doing it is just doing it as a favor.

Who knows, they might even be willing to listen to your revolutionary business ideas for their company.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

Theodoros

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 02:15:47 am »

When I wanted some clarification on leaf products, I asked the concerned people directly. I suggest that you use the official contact form to get in with Hasselblad rather than asking them on forums. Neither the company, nor its dealers are under any obligation to post in forums and whoever that is doing it is just doing it as a favor.

Who knows, they might even be willing to listen to your revolutionary business ideas for their company.
The questions clearly are if Wi-fi & film back is also offered with 50ms & 200ms (which are MS versions of the 50c), if the body can accept an older MFDB and if an h5 body can be converted (via firmware update?) into H5X... I don't see any business suggestion and I believe the answers concern more people.

jerome_m

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 02:22:30 am »

The questions can be answered by going to the Hasselblad site and downloading the tech sheets or user manuals, so here you are:

1. Is Wi-Fi and film back ability offered with 50ms and 200ms too?

No.

2. Can one convert the new version of H5D-50c body to an H5x?

No.

3. Does the ability to take film back suggest that the body can be used with other third party backs just like the H5x body can?

The H5D-50c, H5D-60, H5D50MS and H5D200MS cameras do not accept film backs, only the H5x and the H5D-50c with wifi do.

It seems that your real question is: "will a future H5D-200MS with wifi accept film backs and third party backs?". Nobody can predict the future.

Edit: correction. I did not realise that the new 50c wifi model accepted film backs.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:02:46 am by jerome_m »

Theodoros

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 03:49:35 am »

H5D-50c with Wi-Fi, does accept film back Jerome... http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h-system/h5d-50c-with-wi-fi.aspx . Ι suspect that the new body does have some H5X abilities because of that.

Ken R

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 11:33:38 am »

H5D-50c with Wi-Fi, does accept film back Jerome... http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h-system/h5d-50c-with-wi-fi.aspx . Ι suspect that the new body does have some H5X abilities because of that.

If you can I suggest you go to the upcoming PhotoPlus Expo in New York where you can check out their products (and much much more).

"Come see the new H5D-50c Wi-Fi, Broncolor Siros and HMI 1600

We invite you to stop by and visit our newly designed
booth at the PhotoPlus Expo in New York City!

You will experience the latest in professional imaging equipment including; Hasselblad's new H5D-50c Wi-Fi, CFV-50c and H5D-200c MS CMOS sensor cameras; Broncolor's new Siros flash equipment, HMI 1600; California Sunbounce reflectors and light shaping tools; and Foba's wide array of camera stands, lighting tables and unique grip equipment.

Stop by and get your hands on the latest gear, meet the Hasselblad Bron
team and see our full line-up of products.
October 30th - November 1st, 2014
Hasselblad Bron, Inc
Booth #245

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/about-hasselblad/events/photoplus-2014.aspx

Theodoros

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 07:20:59 pm »

If you can I suggest you go to the upcoming PhotoPlus Expo in New York where you can check out their products (and much much more).

"Come see the new H5D-50c Wi-Fi, Broncolor Siros and HMI 1600

We invite you to stop by and visit our newly designed
booth at the PhotoPlus Expo in New York City!

You will experience the latest in professional imaging equipment including; Hasselblad's new H5D-50c Wi-Fi, CFV-50c and H5D-200c MS CMOS sensor cameras; Broncolor's new Siros flash equipment, HMI 1600; California Sunbounce reflectors and light shaping tools; and Foba's wide array of camera stands, lighting tables and unique grip equipment.

Stop by and get your hands on the latest gear, meet the Hasselblad Bron
team and see our full line-up of products.
October 30th - November 1st, 2014
Hasselblad Bron, Inc
Booth #245

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/about-hasselblad/events/photoplus-2014.aspx
Very contributing... thanks!  :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up